Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Am i seeing things?

seujimmy

Enthusiast
Anyone seen the new car advert on tele with the R4.I'm not sure what car or even make was being plugged as i only saw the last few seconds.Or was i seeing things.?

Yeah I've seen it, quite funny I thought, shame the renault 4 was the only one with problems in the add.

Re:- R4 in tv add

Hi joined awhile ago but not said much yet been enjoying your comments and pictures, anyway the R4 in the tv add he's there to make the others feel good after all the R4 is the back bone of all renaults is it not ?
On a different note i'm a R4 fan and have been since my first one a 1968 6volt which i bought in 1978 and have had one ever since.:roll:

A missed/wasted opportunity by Renault - the Koleos appears to be a rav4/santa fe clone straight from the Korean mould -very uninspiring. :(The nissan xtrail 'remake' is a lot better to look at. Landrover's revamp of the freelander was stylistically a huge, welcome improvement until they overpriced it. Renault could have built something similar/ better out of the nissan xtrail floorpan/mechanicals. The advert is a dire hotch potch of disjointed themes,:confused: presumably to demonstrate their unique boldness in design - to sell a clone? They should have featured an RX4 :rolleyes:or a Sinpar :cool:ploughing across the french countryside. This would have demonstrated a better truer heritage/pedigree. I liked the 5, early espace (ice cream van) and twingo but they have made our 4 look like a lame duck and that's unforgiveable. I think this advert really does confirm that renault has lost the plot.:eek:

It's nice to see the Renault 4 but that ad doesn't work at all.

It seems as if they are celebrating their heritage on one hand, while at the same implying that all of its old cars were flawed.

If the ad was advertising a new trendsetter, a new landmark car, the ad would have been more appropriate.

The Koleos is an anti-climax after all of them.

It's also strange how the only car that get's stuck is the one that is least likely to get stuck?

Don't Renault know about the 4x4 Sinpar version of the R4?!

Welcome to the forum, by the way, Bobble!

Thanks jjad, yes it's a shame that renault seem to have lost the plot after all they have done in the past, and being the for runners in design, safety and technology.

Back