Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

and now; on to a COMPLETELY different note...

Well it sort of plays on my other cassette player but after twenty minutes or so begins to chew up the cassette tape. I tried a second tape and it did the same thing.

Paul, I'm sending this after a "few ciders" on a Saturday night but WILL get back to you tomorrow morning with the name & details of a guy who fixes this kind of stuff & has just repaired my DCC player.

Paul Hi ! Does your cassetteplayer have a dual capstan-axle? If so you might check that the rubber-bands that drive them
have same tension as they need to pull at same speed or they will chew the tape-Also head azimuth-angle is of importance
Cassettes could be uneven wound on spool(s) some players winds them up hard and worse uneven,that's why it's good to have
one of those fx-Maxell tape-winders as the one I have can be adjusted for speed and so tension.
It's critcal to use a cleaning-tape wit appropriate fluid to clean up axle(s) and playback-head.

(Is it even poss to find a new cassette-player anymore?)

-Today i have mounted nos chromed front-bumper and love-handles on the Roffmobile,tomorrow I might change the oval alu-grill
for a new one plus headlights With park-lights in them..so i will have 4 parking-light (never seen headlight with park-light b4)
-Reid.

IMG_2284.JPG Here's my Philips DCC811 digital cassette player and radio, fitted to my Daf 33. The sound, through 2 Radiomobile speakers mounted under the dashboard, is truly amazing! The radio, as well as the usual long, medium and VHF/FM bands, has a short-wave band, too. I've yet to pick up Radio Moscow....

It plays ordinary cassettes to a much higher standard than a normal car cassette would and I've ordered The Jam's Greatest Hits on a DCC cassette, to compare!

Andrew Hi! I used to have a really superiour cassette player in my car,made in the Us by Concorde (one of the oldest ones around,but now sadly d'funkt
I used in combination with a DBX-dynamic compressor/expansion unit which gave you A) Total silence NO tape hiss,and 105db head-room with the best
dynamics I've ever heard in a car..
What usually gives best sound pr £ is to use small home-speakers (B&W had some really nice with rubberized surface on them) I loved them!

-Now I've succumbed to Cd for car-use as I refuse to listen to computerized compressed and lifeless Mickey-Mouse in a tunnel sound.. -Reid.

View attachment 18473 Here's my Philips DCC811 digital cassette player and radio, fitted to my Daf 33. The sound, through 2 Radiomobile speakers mounted under the dashboard, is truly amazing! The radio, as well as the usual long, medium and VHF/FM bands, has a short-wave band, too. I've yet to pick up Radio Moscow....

It plays ordinary cassettes to a much higher standard than a normal car cassette would and I've ordered The Jam's Greatest Hits on a DCC cassette, to compare!

Andrew, Lovely though that seems to be, it would be wasted on me as I am a TOG. A dyed in the wool Radio 2 listener. I would have no use for all of the other wavebands, but I would like to play CDs every now and again. Mind you I have a radio in the 2CV but never play it as its drowned by the noise of the car. I have found a local chap who fixes radio cassettes so I will give him a ring.

I can tell I've come to the right place here!
I found this Blaupunkt radio/cassette player in the garage today, but have no idea how to wire it up. Can anyone identify the connections?
Thanks
AndyP1040252.JPG P1040251 (2)_LI.jpg

Do you know exactly which model of Blaupunkt stereo it is? That might help.

Unfortunately not. All the other Blaupunkts I've had were named after a city and had their names prominently displayed on the front. They were also very easy to wire up, with a live feed, an earth and speaker connections. I'm just hoping that someone will remember having one of these and where all the wires go!

It would be better to take pic of cables coming out of the Blaupunkt itself, as the wires you show would be specific
to the car it sat in -If you know WHICH car the wires you show comes from you could easily find out which wire is
what by speaking to car-dealer or go online...

You will have two pos (one always live(for station-memory) the other one is live after ignition.(On/Off)
then you've got one Earth/Ground either three (if shared Minus) or Four -to speakers (if separate Minus)
then you'll have one Plus after you turn on player (for el.antenna/amp etc)

Usually current/power and signal/speaker-wires are Separated on each end of connector-block to minimice hum/noise
-Reid.

Thanks, Reidar.
Here's another picture:P1040254.JPG Unfortunately, I've no idea what sort of car it came from.

Back