Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...Another brick in the wall...

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
...Have just acquired this fab Belgian R4 sales poster - Its 700mm x 600mm and even has the prices of cars in Belgian francs at the time - Its dated 1966, the year I saw the Beatle perform 'she loves you' et all at the Gaumont in Exeter!! Its in French of course. You can see that Renault were also making elephants at the time!!

Before giving it to Clementine as a surprise birthday gift next time I get to 'Paradise', would anyone like a black and white copy - If so place your orders now.

As its a surprise, please dont tell Clementine about this!!

• CIMG2558.JPG
    CIMG2558.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 120
  • CIMG2559.JPG
    CIMG2559.JPG
    173.2 KB · Views: 126
  • CIMG2560.JPG
    CIMG2560.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 124
Yes please Ian, I'd like a copy if possible. :D Surely you must have just been a babe in arms in 1966?

It's funny getting an elephant to do the packing. We normally use a furry tiger.

• 2007_0616FranceJune20070002.jpg
    2007_0616FranceJune20070002.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 250
..ok..

OK Bb, will do, but may not be for a while as am a prisoner in France at moment and wont be released for stealing the rind off a section of camembert until the sun rises in the east for the 4th time - so until then... Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.In peace there's nothing so becomes a man as modest stillness and humility: But when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger; Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with hard-favour'd rage; Then lend the eye a terrible aspect; let pry through the portage of the head like the brass cannon; let the brow o'erwhelm it as fearfully as doth a galled rock O'erhang and jutty his confounded base, will'd with the wild and wasteful ocean. Now set the teeth and stretch the nostril wide, hold hard the breath and bend up every spirit to his full height. On, on, you noblest English, whose blood is fet from fathers of war-proof! Fathers that, like so many Alexanders, have in these parts from morn till even fought and sheathed their swords for lack of argument: Dishonour not your mothers; now attest that those whom you call'd fathers did beget you. Be copy now to men of grosser blood, and teach them how to war. And you, good yeoman, whose limbs were made in England, show us here the mettle of your pasture; let us swear that you are worth your breeding; which I doubt not; For there is none of you so mean and base, that hath not noble lustre in your eyes. I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips, straining upon the start. The game's afoot: Follow your spirit, and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Ian Stanbury Poet Laurete 1652 - 1677

..(That should confuse Sava in Serbia!!)

• r4 cv 6.jpg 1.jpg
    r4 cv 6.jpg 1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 113
Ian,what can I say?Your a star!Great poster.
So when are you comming down the Thatch for a well earned pint?Should be practically Grockleless by the end of next week!
Ian

Back