Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Another F6 shortly on the road.

Bobble

Enthusiast
Well it's finally making it's way into the garage for refurbishing one of the two van's (ex Paul's F6 ) had this for awhile, but other things kept needing attention first, needs quite a bit of floor work and inner wing, never seen an inner wing like this before and the floor well i think it would be suited for Fred Flintstone to use :laughing:, needs rear door which is not going to be easy to find but otherwise most things needed are standard and reasonably straight forward, well i hoping so :whistle:

IMG_0849.JPG IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0851.JPG IMG_0852.JPG

That's got 1300 engine in that van don't forget
I think you got a bargain there ☺
Did I read shortly in your post title
Seriously be great to see it working again

I know Paul and can't wait for the extra umph i hope it's going have :laughing: yes i did put shortly but i think it might be as well to put a complete floor in instead of patching then at least it's going to last for some years to come so i might take a little longer :( but well worth it, got a bit further today.

IMG_0855.JPG

Whoo hoo another under resto... Love it

1300 cripes that's powerful!

Not done anything today as having to work elsewhere and tomorrow :( but will be at the weekend, yes can't wait for the extra umph and should make towing the camping trailer easier :laughing:

Done a little today cleaned and painted the front chassis and replaced ball joints but was sent the wrong shock absorbers :( so started taking the floor out and it's quite soft all over so going to replace the whole floor pan, it will take longer but it's going to be worth it.IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0856.JPG IMG_0858.JPG

Makes sense to go full floor pan. Careful to keep the chassis straight - they twist easily with the floor removed.

Where are you planning to get the floor from? Melun do one but I have no idea how much postage for that sort of thing would be from France.

Yes Jonathan i know but you should, we start out with oh i'm just going to ..... (so we can get it back on the road ) but then we get carried away and decide to do a bit more which really is the right decision in the end.

Malcolm, yes i know it might twist but i'm thinking of doing the front section, to the rear of the front seats from side to side in one piece and then the rear section from the front seats to the back side to side but not joining them overlapping them and made by a fabricator :laughing: ? ?

If and a big if
the chassis is good then rolling van on its side to replace floor with body still attached can't see chassis twisting personally

Hoping to get some more done this weekend as i've had to spend some time preparing our trusty old Scenic for it's mot (which it passed) :clapping:

You read my thoughts Paul, i did think of that, would make it a lot less work and the body is sealed all around very well so it would be a shame to separate them, it's just the floor pan and the two front corners that need attention.

Right started again on the F6 after having had to catch up on work and other things, i did in the end put the van on it's side and found it much easier to work on, on removing more of the floor found a lot more than i bargained :( for so consequently having to go even further than anticipated but it's as well to do it now while it's easier.

IMG_0886.JPG IMG_0887.JPG

well that's the new floor done, took a little longer than anticipated but well worth it, new shocks all round as well so should be back the right side up tomorrow and then start and paint inside the engine bay so the engine can go back in :-)

IMG_0892.JPG

Trust you've found an inner wing to fit as not much left of old one

Had a set back as our Scenic's gearbox decided to give up, so been sourcing another so i can start replacing that this week, but did manage to get the engine bay painted and new handbrake cables also fitted.

IMG_0899.JPG

Off topic slightly was it a scenic 1 or 2
If it suddenly lost drive it is often just this piece on os driveshaft where it fits o n gearbox
And if not ive got loads of gearboxes here

• Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-06-26.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-24-17-06-26.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 0
Hi Paul, not sure yet but will be starting on it tomorrow and will let you know, i started to drive off from a junction and there was a clunk and no gears at all :-(

Trust you have my number I've bought loads of cheap scenics in the past because of this part

Back