Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anti roll bar front

edwardhall

Enthusiast
HELLO

I AM REPLACING THE FRONT SHOCK ABSORBERS WITH 2 MONROE GAS TYPE. IT SAYS IN THE HAYNES MANUAL REMOVE THE FRONT ROLL BAR CHECK THE BUSHES FOR WEAR AND TEAR, DOES ANY ONE KNOW WERE I CAN PURCHASE ANY OF THE BUSHES IF I NEED THEM.

Hi.
You can get them off French eBay, Auto, Pieces, Accessories. Simple to get to if you haven't been there before. If you type in Renault 4 into the search category, and then change "Toutes les Categories" to "Auto, Pieces, Accessories" and then click on the "Rechercher" button you will be able to scroll through many pages of R4 spares and other bits and pieces. I ordered some last week. They are coming from Portugal, so I'm not sure on the quality, but they must be better than my original externally perished things I have at the moment. Removing the anti-roll bar is easy, and the bushes just slide off. I hope the new ones slide back on as easily.

Roll bar

HELLO
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, WHAT BUSHES DO YOU REPLACE ?

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY THE BUSHES THAT CONNECT THE INNER AND OUTER BRACKETS TO THE BOTTOM OF THE CAR?

THANKS
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Yes you can get the outer set, and they also supply new engine mounts, bushes for the rear suspension, and foot pedal rubbers . I replaced both sets on my anti-roll bars.
I have an F6 in Spain that on occasions gets a strange "clonk" palpable through the floor when negotiating heavy terrain. I'm not sure which bush is responsible, so I am replacing both sets as a matter of caution on my present job. I will probably have to do the same with my Spanish Fourgonetta. Tim

Could you undo the capitals (press the caps lock button to the left of your keyboard). I'm finding your posts difficult to read.

You can inspect the anti-roll bar mountings for distortion before removing anything. Normally corrosion is the problem.

One thing to watch before buying new ones is the change that occurred maybe in 1981. The ones Der Fransose supply are pre-1981 and don't have the metal sleeve that the post-1981 cars need to fit under the white nylon sleeve.

For the inner suspension mounting bushes (connecting to the chassis), the lower arm bushes are a pain to press out but tend to wear well. The upper ones are east to replace if you have a press. Der Franseose have them.

Back