Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anti Roll Bar Rubber Bushes

Myrtle

Enthusiast
It's a long shot but MOT failed on N/S anti roll bar link bush - apparentley the rubber part is worn to excess.

Can only buy the complete anti roll bar assembley from Renault at £140....

Anyone have a useable rubber bush? If so I'd be relieved to hear from you!

Michael - 07881 942454

That's bad news if Renault can't come up with the parts. Which bit do you need exactly? I assume it's the joint where the anti-roll bar connects to the wishbone? The other choice would be the bush where the anti-roll bar clamps to the chassis.

Yes, its the wishbone end (described to me as the drop link by the MOT tester)

Frustratingly he and the car are in Edinburgh and I'm 400 miles away so I have to take his word for it....

I've never tried to buy one of those. Most likely the metal hoop around the rubber is too rusty for the MOT man's taste or has fallen apart altogether.

If the worst comes to the worst I might be able to do a second hand part, but you'd be better with a new one. My first try would be ignore your local dealer and give Whitehouse Renault a call. http://www.renault4.co.uk/buying-R4s.htm They are great at sourcing parts that other Renault dealers claim are unobtainable. Failing that someone else will hopefully have some ideas.

I tried for new bushes and were told complete roll bar only, cant think why, the bar does not wear out. Franzose.de lists the centre bushes, Windclassics list the drop links at 19.95 euro. I have bought from Franzose and found the service very quick
getting the bits may be easy, its a real pain fitting them
good luck
Allan

Have spoken to Whitehouse (or Lifestyle Renault as they are known as now). They confirmed that only the complete roll bar assy is available, and that the end links have never been available separately as they are bonded to the bar somehow.

As I'm having to get the garage to do the job I've decided to bite the bullet and order up the whole bar - cost came down to £122 including VAT in the end.

Thanks for the feedback.

If you are interested, I have some of these links new.

quick update for future reference
whilst at my local trade parts supplier looking for espace parts i flicked through 2007 Quinton Hazell steering and suspension catalogue and on the renault 4 pages anti roll bar links are listed
ther are several part numbers listed and also kits (maybe 2 in box?)
i checked that all are still available ,sizes are listed as both 10 and 12mm bar dia
also available are upper and lower suspension arms, steering rack arms etc

unfortunatly Q/H website does not have this catolgue online
but a quick look through website does show loads of other R4 parts listed so definitly worth asking your local supplier
as i have had no need for these parts myself i cannot confirm quality etc but most expensive kit is only £20 so worth somebody in need checking out
paul

I deal with QH - I've supplied a lot of light commercial suspension parts recently which get a right ol' hammering. No complaints so far!

Back