Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any Dorset Renault 4's?

Eoynteenie

Planning an Advent4
Hey guys, are there any Dorset r4's (idealy rhd gtls) i could look at to see how to put my 1985 R4 GTL back together.

I took it apart about 10 years ago now and its slowly been refurbished and resprayed but its been moved a number of times.
Some stuff goes back easy with the help of manuals but others just don't.

The other half is eager to start a family and I want this car to be part of that but once a baby is born, I doute I could complete it.
Depression sadly is the current beast I am tackling to overcome (along with other projects) thats in the way at the mo but deep down hope remains.

Exberts I have turned too (rightly so) want money for thier time and to take the car away but after two paint shops woes, I am unwilling to let the car out of my sight and part with money to someone else under 'promises' to do a good job.

I am aware of a Mr Whiteside who I am on the doorstep of but after our last 'chat', I felt I was insulted and sadly choose to not deal with him if he doesn't want to invest into younger owners who plan to keep thier cars as long as possible and want to know how to look after them.
20210830_163120.jpg

Thanks Rich,
Believe I still have your mob in my whatsapp from the time you took that 956cc manifold off of me.
If that mob is still correct, I'll pop you a message to see when is safe to visit.

If it's of any help I'm near Shaftesbury, I have 2 mid 70's TLs (one complete but tatty, one in bits as a project... both RHD) which you are welcome to look at

Back