Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Any good?

It says out of stock...
Am I wrong?
Let's check once more time...
(But used is quite cheaper, I think).
To say the truth, I looked for a manual pdf on emule... no success. A lot of models, but not r4. Even in huge zip files saying "All Haynes manuals", not found at all...

Andrea scripsit.

I have one and it's quite useful, though for the finer detail I must admit I prefer the Haynes!

I bought my hyness over ebay. Asked the seller if he could ship to Slovenia and he agreed. Only a few have stated shipping cost abroad of UK.

I got myself a hardcover one :cool:

The till-86-one is not so easy and cheap as the others to find, the one I sorted out last week did not answered me (the seller, not the book)... Today I found another one new (I do not know the hardness of the cover...), 3 pounds to deliver, nearly 30 euros total...
Good investment, I think.
I'm learning a lot working around my r4...

Andrea scripsit.

I paid with the shipment as much as it was on the haynes site, brand new one without the shipment. But the price is all about luck.

The reeprinted ones ares soft cover. That's all the difference. I heard also that the image quality is better at older ones. But I don't know.

And yes, it's a nice book. It helped me a lot. I think the investment has paid off already.

I reckon it's worth it. You can never have too many books and another take on things, a different way of wording, is always useful.

I have the Haynes and this one (except without the yellow) and like them both. The other one is more basic, but then that's sometimes what you need. And like it says, it's a "Pocket Mechanic".

I remembered why I prefer this manual most of the time compared to the Haynes, and the reason is..

I prefer the diagrams, photos of a murky engine are sometimes a little unclear whereas a good line drawing takes all the excess detail away and concentrates on the specific item you need to be concerned with.

Good point.
So it may be a candidate to my bookshelf....

Andrea scripsit.

Back