Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anybody got a Lt hand steering rack?

tim1casa

Enthusiast
Has anyone got a later Lt hand steering rack. I used to have one, but when I was contemplating changing my F4 van to Rt hand drive, I sold it to Dave in Suffolk. I even cleaned it up in my sand blast cabinet for him.

However having struggled to get my Spanish F6 through its MOT, last week,I have come to the conclusion that it is going to need more TLC in the future.(Its done quite a high mileage, but only failed on an oil leak. The fact that it was leaking from the crankshaft oil seal, wasn't quite so funny. But it is looking tired and pretty battered, spending the majority of it's life as a cross between a Dakar rally car and a farm tractor.)

As it is my intention to retire to Spain again in the future I have now decided I will take my restored F4 van back to Spain. Thus I have decided to keep the F4, Lt hand drive. So I need another steering rack, if anyone's got one.

We have got one we took off the blue 85 GTL, the only drawback is its in Normandy. :) Depends which ferry you use to go to Spain.
Pm me if its any help.

That's wonderful! But I usually fly to Spain, and there is a degree of urgency, as we have re-affixed the rear suspension and will be hoping to have it back on its wheels next week. Can I buy the rack off you, and pay you for delivery to the UK? I got £20.00 for my rack, so I am more than happy to pay equivalent/similar price in euros, plus carriage.

Cheers Tim

That sounds fine.
Send me a private message and we'll try and sort out the details.

Meeting someone Wednesday who might be able to take it to Dover if you could arrange collection from there.
Let me know soonest so that I can make arrangements.

Back