Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anyone seen this? R4 recreaction in Japan!!!

SJC400

Enthusiast
Company known as DAMD Tuning is producing these, based on the Suzuki Lapin (Rabbit)

34532f5e76da8c01b96e9efe23585d37.jpg

It's a bit of a weird creation, but the 4 lives on, in some form:clapping:34532f5e76da8c01b96e9efe23585d37.jpglapin03_an_d.jpg
Strangely it has a Mazda Spiano back end?!

Looking at a standard Lapin they haven’t had to stretch their imagination too far, even standard it looks like the design team had a secret 4 fetish.

never understood why other car manufacturers don't do more remakes, the new Fiat 500 is ace, new mini very popular (although lacks the cuteness of the original, more like a mini on steroids) if Citroen did a new electric 2CV it would be ace, I think they tried but didn't get the design right at all. Fiat did the Multipla also very well.

I know exactly what you mean, companies could do so well out of 'remakes/redesigns' of old models, such as this I've seen recently:Cit.jpg
Citroen 2cv, redesigned by students, brilliant, but it will never be made, it's just a project piece, Crazy!!!Cit.jpg

And this, the prototype for a new 4, never followed through....... I'd buy one, it's great!Ren.jpgRen.jpg

I'm totally bored looking at todays traffic, every car looks like another, all very unimaginitive!
COME ON MANUFACTURING PEOPLE, SORT IT OUT:dontknow:

These have been around for quite a while I thought I was clicking on another post brought back from a few years ago

I'm totally bored looking at todays traffic, every car looks like another, all very unimaginitive!
Saw my first Tesla on the road walking to shops today, from a distance I was looking and thinking ‘ is that a new Maserati, Jag XF or what ( really don't keep up on new stuff), walked around it when parked up, and like sooo many new car designs they are all so similar in style until you read the badge.
Retro does offer the manufactures a way out of this, but selling backwards as forwards isnt really the way they want us to think as consumers, we could all end up buying and driving the original design...;)

never understood why other car manufacturers don't do more remakes, the new Fiat 500 is ace, new mini very popular (although lacks the cuteness of the original, more like a mini on steroids) if Citroen did a new electric 2CV it would be ace, I think they tried but didn't get the design right at all. Fiat did the Multipla also very well.

Looking forward to your views on "The Volkswagen New Beetle is a compact car, introduced by Volkswagen in 1997, drawing heavy inspiration from the exterior design of the original Beetle. Unlike the original Beetle, the New Beetle has its engine in the front, driving the front wheels, with luggage storage in the rear. Many special editions have been released, such as the Malibu Barbie New Beetle.[1]" (courtesy if Wiki) ...? Anyone else struggling to believe that was OVER TWENTY YEARS AGO ??..

N.

Motoring Progress, the original Beetle will be remembered as ‘Herbie ‘, the later generations as Barbie and Kens

Last edited:
Well it’s certainly refreshing on the eyes and the mind to break up the usual shapes on the road now!

These have been around for quite a while I thought I was clicking on another post brought back from a few years ago

Maybe they’ve been around a while Paul, but I’ve never seen one before, they are not imported here to my knowledge and certainly not advertised well, even if they are!

I liked the new beetle, altho I still think it missed out on a lot of the design of the original, too rounded & too low, the Fiat 500 really did get it 100% right, most designers tend to beef them up too much.

Yep, all models seem to get bigger with every revamp, then eventually they introduce a new small car at the bottom of the range again.
The Mini is the perfect example of what you are talking about though, old ones were tiny, new ones are massive in comparison, completely wrong interpretation............ It's supposed to be a mini car, not a massive car called a Mini!
They are missing a massive market all round with the 'Retro' stuff.

The jap love retro looking cars, there are some strange cars out there to please this.
A mirca with a mk2 jag front and back, a subaru imprezior wagon with restro lights and bumpers plus lots more.

I have a picture of my 1984 saab amoung other 80's iconic cars and she seems to disappear into thier lines so kinda think it this issue has been around for a long time.

I do debate trying to import one of these for when I start my family as i think my 2009 fiat 500 isn't gunna cut it and the R4 and saab 99 won't make great dailys for kids.

Back