Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Anyone seen this? R4 recreaction in Japan!!!

And this, the prototype for a new 4, never followed through....... I'd buy one, it's great!View attachment 24517View attachment 24517
In my opinion it's a disgusting looking model as all retro cars are.
Nothing beats the originality of a true classic like the R4.
Would Jaguar do a retro of the magnificent Mk2?

Maybe an anniversary model like this video will do, as I'm a Renault Alpine fan as well.

In my opinion it's a disgusting looking model as all retro cars are.
Nothing beats the originality of a true classic like the R4.
Would Jaguar do a retro of the magnificent Mk2?

Maybe an anniversary model like this video will do, as I'm a Renault Alpine fan as well.

The Renault 4 is such a classic functional design of the 1960's, maximum volume, minimal weight, such character. Very difficult to replicate for C21st legislation. Electric motor conversion??
However, you say there's no retro version of the Jaguar Mk 2? Of course there is, it's the 1999-2008 Jaguar 'S' type... This can be quite interesting with the 4.2 litre supercharged V8 'R' version, so may be a 'sleeper' modern substitute for the original 3.8 MOD with Coombs rear wheel arches. Check it out.... (together with the dreadful Japanese retro version based on a Nissan Micra!)

• Jaguar Mk 2 & S Type.pdf
    905 KB · Views: 7
The Renault 4 is such a classic functional design of the 1960's, maximum volume, minimal weight, such character. Very difficult to replicate for C21st legislation. Electric motor conversion??
However, you say there's no retro version of the Jaguar Mk 2? Of course there is, it's the 1999-2008 Jaguar 'S' type... This can be quite interesting with the 4.2 litre supercharged V8 'R' version, so may be a 'sleeper' modern substitute for the original 3.8 MOD with Coombs rear wheel arches. Check it out.... (together with the dreadful Japanese retro version based on a Nissan Micra!)
Again, the looks of the 'S' type or that jap retro aren't it :vsad: but I like the V8 supercharged engine.
Electric engine conversion based on battery powered engine isn't the future, there's just not enough cobalt and lithium available on our planet.
The only wise technology for now is the PEM fuel cell.

I just hope they make any retro-version with some exciting technical solutions, fancy suspension, clever storage etc, and not just the look and a steep pricetag.

I really like that orange revamped Renault 4. I would buy that. Yes I would.

Always felt the Japanese Kei Class cars were the true successor to the 2cv and r4. I owned, and loved, a daihatsu move with a manic 850 triple and cathedral like space inside and a suzuki wagon r which I liked but felt a bit to grown up! I'd love a Nissan Cube and like that recreation!

Back