Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Badge Positioning for Anoraks

JonathanT

Not normal for Norfolk
Hello everyone....As I'm now officially a Renault 4 Anorak Fanatic...I need help with accurate positioning of the name badge/emblem. As some of you will already know I'm making my GTL look like a TL ....So I've taken the plastic badge off and now have two large holes I will have to weld up. But needing some help with positioning...so if one of you has a good photo and a measure that would be much appreciated especially as it probably freezing cold out in the garage right now :rolleyes:

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 0
If we are getting anorac my '68 tailgate only has the Renault badge. The 4 only appears on the RHS front wing if memory serves. Remind me Wednesday and I should be able to measure locations.

Great thanks Malcolm ...ha yes redialpine actually phone was wrong way up :doh:

Hi Malcolm

This is the emblem arrangement I'm looking to achieve.

Mind you this example looks squiffy in relation to the basket weave

• image.png
    image.png
    682 KB · Views: 0
I forgot! Here are some pictures.

• badge1.jpg
    badge1.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 2
  • badge2.jpg
    badge2.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1
That's a great help ...thanks Malcolm.
Old holes welded closed ...new ones shortly to be drilled.

At stage of rubbing down and fettling not just this spot but all over. Using holts knifing putty. It's much thicker/stiffer than I expected. So it's by nature not too easy to feather out with the knife when applying .
Was the stuff you used quite free flowing ?

Any knifing putty needs to be compatible with the paint system, so it is odd I can't find what the Holts stuff it is made from. Don't use cellulose knifing putty as it sinks and the scratches reappear. I probably used cellulose on mine, but had a chance to give it a good sand many months later. A lot of people work filler into the scratches, then high build primer to completely smooth the job.

Right!! Glad I asked. Thanks Malcolm will check it out before I use any more of it .

Back