Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Battery earth cable

Lobster

Enthusiast
Question which I think I know the answer to but will ask anyway....

I have a none starting F6. Battery is charged and newish but nothing happens when you turn the ignition. So I'm thinking either battery earth lead or starter. A quick look suggests the battery cable looks a bit past its best so I'm thinking we'll do that anyway before looking at the starter.

Question is then, is the cable a pretty generic thing - ie as I'm at the Classic Motor Show next week can I pick one up roughly the same size regardless of what its actually for rather than searching Franzose / MRP etc. Or shall I just order one from Franzose and at least then it's right?

David good luck with the starting come and see us at the NEC hall 5 528 RCCC we will have Simons F6 there.

Hi Gary,

Will do come and say Hello over the course of the weekend. Spent most of the day getting stuff organised for the show hence why R4 will be getting neglected until afterwards.

[Gratuitous plug] LobsterDiecast is in the Classic Trade Village, Hall 3, stand TV89 for all your diecast Renault requirements at the NEC [/Gratuitous plug]

Hello David. Your local motor factors should have a selection of suitable cables, but failing that an auto electrician should be able to make up one for you. It's high time I went to the show at the NEC again. The last time was seven years ago. I met you on the ROC stand when I was showing Marigold if you remember. Hope you have a very successful weekend.

Back