Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Bumper Bars-Handles

michael760

Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me if the bumper bars or handles were standard fitment?
I love the look of them and would like to add a pair to my F6 van.
Are they still available?
Will they fit on a F6 van?
Has anyone got any for sale?
Cheers Mike.

9B97D89F-5A83-446D-8A84-9BE5926E791C.jpeg

Hi Mike-I have two sets of these love handles. One set in grey other one chromed or nickelplated.
All in good working order not bent or rusted
pm me if interessted. -Reid

Yes they where a factory fitted item on some models, be sure to check you fit them the correct side or they will foul the bonnet when opening.

The studs that these bumper irons fit to on the inside edge of the front wings are not on all wings fitted, so before you buy handles to fit your 4 make sure that your 4 has these on the wings to enable fitment. You could find yourself needing to change wings to fit, my van has studs one side not the other, the wing that has been changed with studs, original without.

The studs that these bumper irons fit to on the inside edge of the front wings are not on all wings fitted, so before you buy handles to fit your 4 make sure that your 4 has these on the wings to enable fitment. You could find yourself needing to change wings to fit, my van has studs one side not the other, the wing that has been changed with studs, original without.
Maybe I could weld a nut to the inside of the wing so I could bolt them on?
Or just put a nut & bolt through the inside of the wing?
Are there just the U Shaped Bumper Bars or are there any brackets?
Any pictures would be very much appreciated….
Mike.

Hello Michael, I think the cars that had them originally had reinforcing plates and studs fitted, but when I fitted them on my car I drilled holes and bolted through with thick penny washers behind. There is a right-angle bracket that goes to the bumper-bolt, at the other end, and a thick spacer-washer, with a concave side, that goes on the bolt through the end of the bar, but if you are handy with car stuff I'm sure you can work something out.
Regards Brian.

Thanks so much
Hopefully when my van arrives next week from France It may have the holes already in the wings.
If not I will fabricate something

Back