Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

C1j

MH9t9

hi guys and gals

im a newbie to r4 forum and a r5 mk1 1.1 owner for a year now. its too slow, do im gonna swap the engine for a 1.4

my question is how many different versions of 1397cc engine are available? (non-turbo & non-alpine)
and how much is the real horsepower & torque? (ive heard from some guys it about 75hp, but in the wikipedia and some other sources including this forum it says it 63 horse powers)

Hello and welcome to the forum. I have just moved your post to the R5 section.

I believe that the R5 Mk1 is still produced in Iran - how wonderful :) . The R5 was made with a 1.4 engine in Europe but your problem may be obtaining one in your country.

I am sure that you will get a few answers here so best of luck.

Steve

thanks steve

R5 MK1 production in Iran is over now. actually it was over at about 8 or 9 years ago, then it was replaced with "PK" wich obtained the 1.3litre B3 engine from mazda B-engine family (both carb and fuel injection model were available) and also front macpherson struts from mazda121 (same as kia pride), also PK production was over 5 years ago.

ive got no problem finding a 1.4 engine, alpine & turbo engines are also available here.

Alpine Engine from Iran

How much can you crate me an Alpine engine up for and ship it England from Iran?

a friend of mine bought an alpine turbo for 200pounds!! :eek: but i think a recently overhauled alpine would cost about 300-400pounds!
btw u might find an alpine in turkey.

Back