Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

C376 OVW anyones?

This used to be a Spanish F6 reg no.C376 OVW like you say fitted with banded 5TS steelies, 1397cc 5TS motor and I believe a 5 speed box it was a bit rough around the edges but it was a cool van and made the Thenay trip. I seem to remember it coming to Renospeed with a busted gearbox when it was up for sale...

... shame whats happened to it, a mid engined F6 maybe with a 21 Turbo motor or 5 Gordini Turbo nice ... god knows why you'd hack up a largely together F6 and put a tug
boat motor in the back. Might be worth a bid for the back door and glass :laughing:

Not too keen on conversion but do like the rear light treatment, makes the rear just that little less boxy.
Seen easier ways of doing a RHD conversion on forum...

This used to be a Spanish F6 reg no.C376 OVW like you say fitted with banded 5TS steelies, 1397cc 5TS motor and I believe a 5 speed box it was a bit rough around the edges but it was a cool van and made the Thenay trip. I seem to remember it coming to Renospeed with a busted gearbox when it was up for sale...

... shame whats happened to it, a mid engined F6 maybe with a 21 Turbo motor or 5 Gordini Turbo nice ... god knows why you'd hack up a largely together F6 and put a tug
boat motor in the back. Might be worth a bid for the back door and glass :laughing:
Gordon Bennett! What on earth were they thinking of?

Re the other discussion about MOT's and changes to the vehicle, dont know how this has got on with that

Re the other discussion about MOT's and changes to the vehicle, dont know how this has got on with that
To register for road use once completed think this will loose the ‘C’ plate and have to go the ‘Q’ route because so much has been changed its no longer identifiable as the original Renault 4 its based on.’ Q’ plates don’t get any MOT(or iirc tax) exemptions.
The log book shows pre modification details, not its current configuration.

Last edited:
Such sacrilege.. I love it..not the tugboat engine but most of the rest of it..my intention for this lovely vehicle is to use it for hillclimb sprints eventually. Id like to keep it renault engine fired too but as theres a lack of renault 18/fuego turbo engines around which is my preferred power unit, I'm exploring other options, have a donor Audi TT available for example..
So, highly unlikely to be road registered I think.
Served my apprenticeship fixing Renaults to make roadworthy, so for this one I can throw away the manual already..but am open to ideas after you've finished choking on your coffees :whistle:

Back