Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Concours Renault 4s

jcharman

Good afternoon,

My name is James and I'm currently putting together a class of Renault 4s to be a part of the Cartier Style et Luxe concours d'elegance at the Goodwood Festival of Speed from 8-11 July.

The Cartier Style et Luxe Lawn is the finest concours d'elegance in the world, where the most beautiful cars are presented in exceptional condition. This is all about unique automotive design, perfectly preserved, and this year, to mark the anniversary of the Renault 4, we are planning a class of the incredibly charming model.

We are looking for a cross-section of shapes that charts the car's history, so we would not only be searching for a stunning example of a standard car, but also, as examples, a Plein-Air, Fourgonnette, Sinpar, pickup etc etc.

Those cars that would be included as part of this display will recieve an entry pack including passes to the event itself, as well as a hospitality package, the details of which will be outlined in further correspondence with those car owners.

If anyone is interested in being a part or knows of any significant vehicles in the UK that should be considered for this category, then please do get in touch (with photos attached) to my work email james.charman@goodwood.com.

Many thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing any responses.

Kind regards,

James

Hello James, it might be an idea to contact the Renault Classic Car Club, their chairman, Brian Whiteside, has a brilliant collection of cars, including R4s. Also there is the Renault Owners Club, they are worth a try too. They are both on Facebook. Of course the Renault company itself has an historic collection of its cars, but they might be a bit harder to contact. Good luck with your quest, it's nice to know the Quatrelle is getting recognition at such a prestigious event.
Kind regards Brian.

Cornish gave all the contacts I would have suggested. Renault UK are very kind and they do support a lot of events with their R4s which are in very nice condition.

I don't know of anyone on this forum in the UK who maintains a R4 in concours condition. There are a lot of good ones, but they are so handy they tend to be used.

Hi all,

Many thanks for your responses. I have already made contact with Brian and we are also in discussions with Renault themselves so that's good to know we're speaking to the right people! We just wanted to ensure we had left no stone unturned and seeing a forum such as this offers a great opportunity to find those who may not be involved in such clubs.

Thanks again and hopefully we're able to do the little car justice!

Thanks James, it was thoughtful to enquire here. As Malcolm says though, most of our cars are not in such immaculate condition ;)

It will be exciting to see what you can come up with for the Goodwood Festival.

Best wishes.

Back