Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Continental recovery insurance

bison

Enthusiast
Hello Folks,
Just contacted the AA, with whom I am a member, to get a quote for said recovery insurance, travelling in Normandy, £108, which I think is a wee bit pricey. Anyone got any tips on who to try for a cheaper quote?. It would be single trip for 9 days.
Cheers,
Alan.

If your car is insured as a classic through Footman James it comes free.
RCCC have an classic car insurance scheme with them my policy is £106 including breakdown and continental cover

Mine is covered under the classic insurance policy too. Had to use it for the MGA a couple of years ago and it worked. Most classic policies will cover breakdown. Footman James is one of the better ones for unlimited mileage and driving to and from work. In the past they didn't understand old Renaults, but with the RCCC link that will surely have improved.

I use More Than my camper is insured for £108 for the year including full european recovery and assistance!

The best thing is I had to use them when my Kia's cam belt snapped in France last year and they were brilliant!
Hence why my camper is also insured with them too!

I use Haggerty for my cars on a combined policy. The MGA, Ornella and the Gordini were about £160 combined, breakdown included. Haggerty aren't so good at covering driving to work, but recently that's not been such an issue for me. Ermintrude is covered for business use on a modern policy (£125). I should really move her over.

I've just re insured Rosalie with Direct Choice for £92.28 fully comp, unlimited mileage , to and from work everyday and full European cover i nearly fell off my chair, my local broker wanted £244.12 hah no chance ( i know it's a pain but it does do to shop around ).

Had a look at the small print, doesn't really cover very much. I'm covered in the UK by the AA, I guess if I have a bump then I'm covered, as far a a breakdown is concerned between Dave and I we have most of an R4 in the boot as spares!, and I guess I've got as much chance of fixing it as Mr Recovery.
Touch wood, touch wood, touch wood, hehe.
Thanks,
Alan.

Back