Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Copyrighted Images and Text

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
An easy way for companies to make money is to sue websites that reproduce their images on-line without permission. This has been happening increasingly frequently and is seen as a way to make easy money during the recession. These companies are perfectly within their rights to take legal action, and they tend to win in court.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES THAT DO NOT BELONG TO YOU

This morning I removed a large number of images from the forum that I believe had been reproduced without permission. Unfortunately there was collateral damage and many other images were also removed. I apologise for this. Please check your own posts and delete any photos you may have posted without the owner's permission in the past. This forum is non-profit making so I cannot afford to defend the forum in court, and any legal challenge will lose me a lot of money. In the event of legal proceedings I would have little option other than to permanently close down the forum.

Please help me keep the forum safe from litigation. If you would like to share images or text from other websites please link to the web page containing the image or text. If the photo is critical to your message then use the insert image icon and link it from the other website. This is called 'hotlinking' and is rude but not illegal. Most websites will not mind so long as you also include a text link to their page. Do not steal the image or text to reproduce here. To protect the forum anyone caught doing so will have their image uploading privileges removed.

For guidance - any photo not taken by yourself, or any text not originally written by yourself will be automatically copyrighted by another person. You must seek the copyright owner's permission before reproducing their work otherwise this website will be in breech of their copyright.

It is still fine to upload photos you have taken yourself, and these add to the forum.

That's a real shame, Ian pictures will be missed.

I spose we better start taking more and more of our own then!

We nearly missed all of the pictures - I had a little accident with the database this morning. Most original photos are back now.

I love to see photos on the forum. Nowhere near enough photos of member's cars, travels, original art etc on here. Let's have a "get your camera out" week and fill in those blanks. Here is mine - guess who got around to replacing the bulbs in the outside lights this afternoon.

• ornella-dark.jpg
    ornella-dark.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 175
That's really artistic Malcolm. It'll be a challenge to take some photos equally good. I'm taking my camera out tomorrow but for now here's just a pretty one.

• Blanche-at-Cortambert.jpg
    Blanche-at-Cortambert.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 181
St Micheals Mount....Near Penzance

• 4395b40a3198fffb3865fb537e595aa2_270.jpg
    4395b40a3198fffb3865fb537e595aa2_270.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 176
Red TL

in Sardinia, 2004.

• 2004-10-26_red_TL.jpg
    2004-10-26_red_TL.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 172
Here's one of my Renault 4 at VSCC Silverstone in April this year, next to my Austin 7 which I was racing. Got up early as was in the first practice session, the Renault 4 was flying up the M40 on a crisp bright morning. A good day as managed to come 2nd in the race, I believe the efforts partly down to the Renault 4, as driving that up to Silverstone put me in the 'zone'!

picture.php

Here's BB after a good wash, I cant seem to photograph the left hand side (which is shinier) in as good a persepective as the right hand side of the car.

I love the edit button on this forum :o

• Download all picturesfrom Kodak camera on 23.09.07 120.jpg
    Download all picturesfrom Kodak camera on 23.09.07 120.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 156
I cant seem to photograph the left hand side (which is shinier) as well as the right for some reason!

I find photographing both sides of Claude at the same time tricky as well ;)

• DSCF0596.jpg
    DSCF0596.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 150
copyrighted images

Just post the one picture. Blimus, that is a challenge......:shock:

Ho hum, here's the one. Our very own '68 1120 together with, er, a bit of a project.

regards as always

David

• ami and quatrelle b.jpg
    ami and quatrelle b.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 147
Hmm right as soon as I get BB back out of the workshop I'm going to try one of panoramic shots to see if I can get both sides of the car into one photograph ;)

..Three strikes and I am out..

..Well I should be as tis me that flaunts all the sites school rules and again I am sorry and accept all responsibility..but at least you will know that I am back on line and about to dive in feet first again...

So now its going to be Art for Art sake?

• Photo-0009.jpg
    Photo-0009.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 153
A reminder. This issue keeps coming up. I'll review image uploading permissions on the forum, but in the meantime please respect the forum rules on copyright.

An easy way for companies to make money is to sue websites that reproduce their images on-line without permission. This has been happening increasingly frequently and is seen as a way to make easy money during the recession. These companies are perfectly within their rights to take legal action, and they tend to win in court.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES THAT DO NOT BELONG TO YOU

For guidance - any photo not taken by yourself, or any text not originally written by yourself will be automatically copyrighted by another person. You must seek the copyright owner's permission before reproducing their work otherwise this website will be in breech of their copyright.

It is still fine to upload photos you have taken yourself

Back