Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Could someone please take corresponding pictures ...

Bertl

Goißatreiber
... of a post '82 back door and post them.
I had asked in another thread about the differences between pre '82 and post '82 doors in regard to the hinges.
It would be great to have pictures to compare the old and new style hinges so I can decide with my mechanic if it is feasible to mod post '82 doors (which I can get in good shape) with pre '82 hinges (mine are shot as you can see).

Thanks
Robert

• outside complete.jpg
    outside complete.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 187
  • outside upper.jpg
    outside upper.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 189
  • side complete.jpg
    side complete.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 186
  • side upper.jpg
    side upper.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 190
Hi Robert,
I took these pictures yesterday evening on my GTL, I fear that the modification of the hinges will be very difficult, but maybe your mechanic is very good with this kind of work :cool: :cool:
DSCF2957.jpg
DSCF2959.jpg
DSCF2958.jpg
DSCF2960.jpg

Good luck and let us know if the modification will be done or not...

We had discussed this earlier here. The modification to internal hinges should not be difficult, and actually Renault approved it when they introduced the late style doors.
The hinges must be bolted on the pillar, as done by the factory. Don't be tempted to weld them on!
The holes on the pillar do not need to be dead accurate, as they should be larger in diameter than the hinge studs, to allow door adjustment. You will also need to cut two oval holes on the inside of the pillar, to have access to thw hinge nuts.

Hi Snoopy, thanks for the pictures.
Hi Angel,
yes I know I had been asking about this subject before. I want to keep the old style hinges as this is the right type for my '78 GTL body.
I'll probably get usable doors with the correct hinges later that week so the question of converting new ones is thankfully/hopefully moot.

Robert

Probably no use to you but there's a pair of perfect condition white doors of that type at the tip near me in Carcassonne, or there were earlier today, I can get them for free if you can get them shipped.

Thanks Dave, I tried to come up with a way to have the doors shipped, but couldn't think of one ... today I got original new doors from www.reno4er.de ... though far from free ...

All the best, and keep a good lookout at your local dumpster.

Robert

Back