Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Courier Service in France

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Really for members resident in France
I have an order with a certain French parts supplier. This was done just as lockdown started there.
I am being told courier services are held still.
Anyone have any information on this please?
Thanks.

As far as I am aware, all the regular courier services are functioning OK. I've had deliveries via DHL, Fedex, Parcelforce, Hermes, Chronopost, USPS etc since lockdown – from Germany, France, Belgium, USA, Taiwan – no problems at all.

As far as I am aware, all the regular courier services are functioning OK. I've had deliveries via DHL, Fedex, Parcelforce, Hermes, Chronopost, USPS etc since lockdown – from Germany, France, Belgium, USA, Taiwan – no problems at all.
Thank you for that.
I am not sure exactly why he cannot send my order.
Regards
Tom

Courier services are working, although there were delays during our confinement period … things are steadily getting back to 'the new normal' here. I hope your part arrives soon.

I dont know who you are refering to but i have to say that in France it is very slow with deliveries ,the post office has limited staff ,chronopost take over a week from Paris to me (350 clicks) i am currently waiting for a parcel from Florida posted on 8 may!.Also the parts suppliers dont have the staff a lot have not even been open. But this week has seen an improvement as the lockdown is easing,hope this helps.

hi . I bought a folding back seat Mk 1, and it was delivered across France during the lockdown.

Not sure who is shipping your item but whilst there are some delays, everything seems to be going where it should - I've had deliveries via DPD and UPS from France in the last few weeks, one took a day longer than normal (usually 48hrs) but otherwise ok. We send a lot of stuff to France too and that seems fine, again some taking slightly longer but mostly no problem.

If you're being told that courier deliveries are being held, then I suspect thats not factually correct.

Not sure who is shipping your item but whilst there are some delays, everything seems to be going where it should - I've had deliveries via DPD and UPS from France in the last few weeks, one took a day longer than normal (usually 48hrs) but otherwise ok. We send a lot of stuff to France too and that seems fine, again some taking slightly longer but mostly no problem.

If you're being told that courier deliveries are being held, then I suspect thats not factually correct.
Thanks for your comment.
Further discussions with supplier got the statement items are being held at Customs. French I presume.
I will give it to Monday and then try again.

I ordered some parts from vehicules-anciens.fr on Monday and they're being delivered by UPS tomorrow, so can't complain.

I ordered some parts from vehicules-anciens.fr on Monday and they're being delivered by UPS tomorrow, so can't complain.
Will definitely pursue matters with them.
Not naming at the moment but will report back in due course.

There should not be any customs between England and France if you have bought european parts, they go straight in the post or on the carrier.
The carriers are catching up with the backlog now, i just got a parcel from Germany overnight!

This was the last message I got [google translation]
"
The post announces that there is always a risk that parcels destined for abroad are blocked at customs

To give you an idea, the post office no longer takes charge of the non-standard package covid to be delivered in France

thanks for your understanding"

Tom,
I had a similar issue. It was with La Poste colissimo internationale, they were only taking parcels for some countries depending on how long they thought it would take to get through. They are now taking more but only at the higher classes of mail. Some non-postage couriers will be different.

Further to that airmail from the UK is currently taking 2 months to get to Australia, as UK post can't find planes to put it on. They aren't actually telling anyone about that though, so everyone in the UK thinks mail to the colonies is perfectly fine. and it seems to be either going by sea or being batched up for special flights going very infrequently.

Tom,
I had a similar issue. It was with La Poste colissimo internationale, they were only taking parcels for some countries depending on how long they thought it would take to get through. They are now taking more but only at the higher classes of mail. Some non-postage couriers will be different.
I have now asked specific questions about who it was[?] sent with? Tracked etc., or still with him. No reply received as yet.

I'm also still waiting on several parcels to arrive which I ordered at a reliable supplier 2 months ago.
I think it's due to the lockdown things are really slow and the French way of live. Don't forget, live is easy and pretty laidback in France, no rush, when the work can't be done today, then it will be tomorrow, or next week, month, year....
The whole world, everyone is way to rushed nowadays, everything is haste haste and haste.
Just relax, grab a beer or wine and enjoy the sunny weather, stick your nose in a book and then one day the postman rings.

I'm also still waiting on several parcels to arrive which I ordered at a reliable supplier 2 months ago.
I think it's due to the lockdown things are really slow and the French way of live. Don't forget, live is easy and pretty laidback in France, no rush, when the work can't be done today, then it will be tomorrow, or next week, month, year....
The whole world, everyone is way to rushed nowadays, everything is haste haste and haste.
Just relax, grab a beer or wine and enjoy the sunny weather, stick your nose in a book and then one day the postman rings.
Ah my 2 months wait is now up then??
I have asked a simple question of supplier. Was package sent La Poste or courier and is there tracking information. No reply at all.

Parcelforce delivered the package early this morning.
Not bad, posted Tuesday with La Poste and on the doorstep today:clapping::laughing:

I spoke too soon - 10 days later, still stuck in UPS depot in Staffordshire...

Back