Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Crankshaft problems

newonda1

Enthusiast
Hey everyone!

Can anyone help me in locating a crankshaft for a 1973 Renault 4? I'm pretty desperate....

It doesn't matter what country it comes from as long as it is new or a good quality one. The part will be shipped to Thailand and then I will bring it into Laos. This is the final part that I need to reach my goal of completely rebuilding the engine!

Thanks to all for your help!
Nick

I'll hopefully be picking up a spare engine in a few weeks if you can wait that long. I'd imagine postage would be pricy - and take a long time too as it's not the sort of think you'd want to send by air mail.

The photo you posted of the car a few days ago looks great.

Hey Clementine, thanks for the post. I'd really appreciate it if you could pull out the crankshaft for me. I'll keep looking until then just in case.

At the point where I am now, I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet on and pay for the airmail. The thing is I'm trying to get the car ready for my wife to use as her get around town car. It's pretty amusing, especially since there are no two parts of the engine together right now. But I've found a good mechanic and sold him on the vision of what this car could be.

Until then, keep the opsts coming if anyone has a good quality crankshaft in their back pocket...

It would not be able to be sent by Airmail as there is a restriction on weight. The only way to send it would be by Parcel Force and that will be a lot of money. Worth insuring as well for such a rare item!!

Steve

Back