Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Crap Trumps (Playing Cards)

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Remember Top Trumps?

Crap Trumps are similar but a lot more silly. One of the cars featured is a Skoda Favorit (with a Sherman Tank on the roof rack). Players can compare statistics such as windscreen wiper speed, percentage of surface area rust, and cost to achieve MOT.

The cards are at print at the moment and will soon be available to buy from http://www.craptrumps.com/

(These cards have nothing to do with me - apart from advertising my website with the Skoda)

:clementi:

Wasn't there something similar in Viz a few years ago (more like a decade ago now that I think about it, which suddenly makes me feel really old...) - it was called Top Tramps, and featured (as you might suspect) your friendly local vagrants. Amongst the statistics players could choose from were such things as Stink Factor, Number of Cans of Special Brew Per Day, Length of Orange String Attached to Dog, etc... It was quite funny at the time.

Is Viz still going, and is it still the essential undergraduate reading material that it used to be? You tend to lose touch with such things when you live in a French field...

..there's some corner of a foreign field
That is forever England.
Back to the point - surely we're not old already? The internet mentions Top Trumps and late 70's early 80's in the same breath. My pack must have been bought second hand from somewhere like eBay....

:clementi:

that poor skoda. it looks like its in pain when only the face is intact

The 5 of hearts is a Renault 4!

It's let off quite lightly. The photograph is a yellow breakdown car with a Wegenwacht sign on the roof and R3 style blanked off rear windows. The car is attending a fire by the road side.

The card has "Special Feature - Flame Thrower" witten at the bottom.

Here it is - reproduced with the kind permission of Crap Trumps:
Renault-4-top-trump.jpg

It's an odd car. It has the blanked out rear window of the Renault 3, but looks a lot later than the R3. Is it a breakdown recovery special? My uncle reports importing such a car from Belguim in the 1970s.

This one is from the Netherlands.

I remember seeing c.1980s cars with the R3-style 4-light bodyshell - I think they were produced as a halfway-house between the car and F4 van. I'm fairly certain the French post office used to use them for deliveries, their particular peculiarity being that in spite of having four doors they were only fitted with two (front) seats. Not many countries can boast that the post office delivers your mail in a mid-engined two-seater!

The Crap Trumps are too cool for words! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Back