Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Crit Air in France. Are Classic cars exempt.

Sprackers

Enthusiast
Morning all

I read again this morning daily Mail about this emmisions sticker you must have to drive in France.

I have French plates.
Registration as a Classic car

I don’t think we are exempt. It’s difficult to find out. Contradicting web sites.

I think it’s just for city centres, like the Ulez zone in London.

Has anyone had any clarification? Especially (for me) someone with French registration.

Cheers

Sprackers

Hi Sprackers, I recently tried to apply for a Crit Air sticker, but when I entered the year of registration, (1985), I was told my car was too old to have one. So I just need to avoid the cities, which is fine by me. Be aware, there are some fake sites out there that will rip you off. I speak from experience.

Morning all

I read again this morning daily Mail about this emmisions sticker you must have to drive in France.

I have French plates.
Registration as a Classic car

I don’t think we are exempt. It’s difficult to find out. Contradicting web sites.

I think it’s just for city centres, like the Ulez zone in London.

Has anyone had any clarification? Especially (for me) someone with French registration.

Cheers

Sprackers
Have you tried entering your registration number on the official website? If you have a Carte grise with 'Véhicule de Collection' on it, and you have the appropriate registration number on the black plates, the website might give you potential exemption information.
This page might be interesting:

The website allows you to send them questions too.

Interesting that a 30-year-old French-registered R4 might potentially be exempt from certain restrictions; a UK-registered one might have to be at least 40 years old (and have 'Historic vehicle' on the registration document) to qualify.
Please note all the vague language - I'm not actually certain what the rules are. Some sites suggest that there might be a Crit'Air sticker for Historic Vehicles on the way.
Good luck!

Yes, just where my car falls, too old for a sticker, but not old enough for exemption. Bloody bureaucracy :doh:

Back