Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Dashboard for RHD 78 845cc R4

edwin

Enthusiast
Dashboard for 78 R4 845cc. Black. RHD. All the controls inc speedo, ignition, keys, No steering wheel. Offers

Dashboard for 78 R4 845cc. Black. RHD. All the controls inc speedo, ignition, keys, No steering wheel. Offers
Hello Edwin, Is this dashboard still for sale by any chance ? My black 1978 R4 GTL RHD dashboard is badly smashed on the L/H side. I also need the RHD steering column cover and driver side parcel shelf. Also a dashboard mounting clip if possible ? If they are the same of course ? Thanks Kevin. (PS if you do not wish to post to Cyprus I know a man who can)

20231106_162234.jpg

20231117_144211.jpg20231106_162614.jpg

Hello Edwin, Is this dashboard still for sale by any chance ? My black 1978 R4 GTL RHD dashboard is badly smashed on the L/H side. I also need the RHD steering column cover and driver side parcel shelf. Also a dashboard mounting clip if possible ? If they are the same of course ? Thanks Kevin. (PS if you do not wish to post to Cyprus I know a man who can)

View attachment 32447

View attachment 32446View attachment 32449
Hi Kevin
The dashboard in your pictures is the one fitted from 83 on - perhaps the original one in your car was replaced with the later version when it was restored.
There are images of the earlier dash here:

Hi Kevin
The dashboard in your pictures is the one fitted from 83 on - perhaps the original one in your car was replaced with the later version when it was restored.
There are images of the earlier dash here:
Hello Andy,
Many thanks for this info, you know I thought something was wrong with my dashboard ! The rest of car is in great restored condition, and assembled from NOS Renault O/E parts about 16 years ago, then put into dry storage. But this wrong 83-on dashboard is in very bad condition and fit for the dump really. So I would love to get it back to original, so I hope somebody can supply a complete RHD dashboard unit. And thanks again for the very useful attachment, at least I now know what I am looking for. Cheers Kevin

Hello Andy,
Many thanks for this info, you know I thought something was wrong with my dashboard ! The rest of car is in great restored condition, and assembled from NOS Renault O/E parts about 16 years ago, then put into dry storage. But this wrong 83-on dashboard is in very bad condition and fit for the dump really. So I would love to get it back to original, so I hope somebody can supply a complete RHD dashboard unit. And thanks again for the very useful attachment, at least I now know what I am looking for. Cheers Kevin
You're welcome!
I don't know if you've got a parts book, but if you'd like a pdf version, pm me your email and I'll forward it to you.
If yours is a 78 GTL, it's one of the earliest - there'll be quite a few differences between it and most GTLs in the UK (unless the original parts have been replaced with later ones).

You're welcome!
I don't know if you've got a parts book, but if you'd like a pdf version, pm me your email and I'll forward it to you.
If yours is a 78 GTL, it's one of the earliest - there'll be quite a few differences between it and most GTLs in the UK (unless the original parts have been replaced with later ones).
You made my day ! No I haven't bought a parts book yet (in English ?) and would love one. Well the body and chassis numbers all match, it is a 1978 R1123 although I guess they can be changed over. How do I PM you on this site ? Cheers

You made my day ! No I haven't bought a parts book yet (in English ?) and would love one. Well the body and chassis numbers all match, it is a 1978 R1123 although I guess they can be changed over. How do I PM you on this site ? Cheers
At the top right of the page, there's a symbol that looks like a letter next to your user name - that'll take you into the 'Conversations' system.

Got it thanks ! In English as well ! You are a top man !
Glad it got through. You'll see that it starts from 83, although it does give some info on earlier models. I've got paper versions of other books which give part numbers for earlier models. As yours is a really early GTL (R1128?), it'd be great if you could post photos of the car - particularly shots of the engine/carb.

R1123 is not gtl but normal 845cc version
R1128 is gtl 1108 cc

R1123 is not gtl but normal 845cc version
R1128 is gtl 1108 cc
Yes, you are correct ! I just checked my car and it is a 4TL 845cc R1123 (all matching numbers) but with a GTL badge on the back. Never mind. Thanks for the info. I will get it back to original. The car is a 'Bitsa' made from NOS O/E Renault parts.

I know you must all think I am a bit of a heathen, but I really bought the car with a EV 90kw conversion in mind ! Thinking of future.

I didn't see the R1123 part of this message - apologies!

I have the under dash shelf, all dashboard controls and switches, plus an ignition with two keys.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the steering column and ignition switch was different between the early and late setup and if you fit the early dashboard the column won't line up as the ignition switch is built into the column differently

Back