Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

...Dennis Goldthorpe..

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
My friend Dennis Goldthorpe, an ex England Rugby League Captain and last Englishman ever to beat the Aussies in their own back yard, and who has had a lifetime of working hard in a semi educational role has recently told me that now that his 9 kids have finally left home, he and his wife are finally 'sharing quiet times' together again and will, if they are not careful fall into a life of knitting and cake making so they need some activity. Dennis has always driven old bangers due mainly to his huge interest in car mechanics and had recently been seen driving round in a clapped out old Renault. I suddenly thought that there may well be some of you out there who are in the process of getting feed up with your Renault 4 project and wonder if anyone could make an old couple happy by unloading your old Renault 4 project onto dear old Dennis and Magaret - It would make them so happy?

ps Bluebelle and Rudi, I didnt see your local teams name on MY CUP?

• Varia 027.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg
    Varia 027.jpg 1.jpg 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 84
I have a spare '68 project if Dennis is interested. It's probably not the best ever car for restoration - there's not a lot stopping it from going back on the road (mostly lots of welding), but it's not original, and has lots of pragmatic welding repairs already which would be annoying to a restorer.

Ian, if you wan't to put Hambleton F.C. on your tea cup, you go right ahead.
Whatever makes you happy!:D

Rudi.

Back