Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Did you lose the keys?

Pavel

Enthusiast
I lost the key from the doors somewhere. Have you any idea, how to open the door without damaging the lock? :confused: Pavel

I lost the key from the doors somewhere. Have you any idea, how to open the door without damaging the lock? :confused: Pavel

I can quite easily slide the window on my car and put my hand in to open the door. Its not the most secure car!

haha, i do the same here aswell....

Find another Renault/Peugeot of that time thas has approximately the same key pattern and try the key, possibly it will open the lock!!!

Hi guys, thank you for your ideas. Unfortunately I didn´t find my key as yet and I don´t know an another owner in Prague, to check his key in my door. The sliding windows hold rigidly, so I took heart and I broke in my R4. I perpetrated it in the parking space in broad daylight. It´s easy, you need two wooden doorstops and a welding wire with a pigtail. Befor you start, be sure that you have the papers of you and of your cars by you. Good luck! :)

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 124
well done hope you have got key to start engine as steering locks are not as simple to overcome
have you been walking every where for the last 2 months ?

most modern cars dont have any where to hook wire onto ,so car thieves over here just bend the top of the door frame completely in half and put whole arm in
wrecking the door completely as well as stealing contents of car

Yes, the R4 parked stilly on a supermarket parking more than two months. There is an other key in the ignition box and it was inside all time. So I can drive again, however I can´tt find a right way, as remove the locked lock, without the damage. The problem ain´t over :mad:

if you take door handle off and inner handle rod
followed by 2 screws on end of door it is just !!! possible with a lot of jiggling to get lock out then you can knock small pin out and take lock barrel out by putting another key in exposing lock tumblers i
then you can carefully file down tumblers and the key will work
hope you can translate this ok
have fun start with passenger door in case you get stuck

paul

ps you could take removed parts to a locksmith and /or i could send you a blank key to get cut

Hi Paul, it works as you described :D . May be a locksmith can unify the door key with the ignition box key. There is good noticeable a cylinder damage in the picture 020. How comes it into be? Pavel

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 101
well done , if your ignition key fits into the barrell you will see that some of the tumblers are still not level which means it wont rotate
if you carefully file them down with a key in your key will now work
make sure that there are no burrs or filings which will cause it to jam

if you do this i warn you that lock will not be as secure but is better than leaving car unlocked and no lock is stronger than breaking a window for a thief

maybe you could get a renault dealer to post you a new key/ barrel (or set)

ps putting lock back in door is easier once lock is unlocked as more flexible

paul

Back