Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Door latches

Greeney in France

Bloody nice bloke actualy
God did I have trouble getting them in and out:mad: (The fronts). I am a dab hand at it now, the rears are easy as you remove the button via a little sprung clip but the fronts dont as they have a lock barrel in. They only swing ONE way in and out maneuvering the button through the hole first.
I have photos:D
Anyway does anyone have a spare drivers door mechanism as mine was broken on the PO van and at the moment I ve swapped it with the one I am spraying so I need one in a couple of weeks
Thank you

maybe but do you mean drivers as in LHD ( i expect) or RHD ?
did you remove door handle first ,much easier then
paul

Yes sorry Its a LHD car and obviously as it was a Le Poste Van the drivers door lock was badly worn. I did remove handles yes but its just the way you have put button in at a certain angle and the swing the latch up and round, it wont go in any other way:rolleyes:
I have "nicked" the drivers door latch off my sons car for the time being as i want to get the F4 through CT, Got to do front bearings which I am not looking forward to too as it makes one hell of a noise. I have checked the tech article on this site though so should be ok.:cool:

Door latch assembly

Have never done this before so sorry if I am messing something up. Have removed front door latch and lock as it had stopped catching. No problem with the removal but cannot work out how it was assembled. As you are an experrt can you help me please. Perhaps a diagram.
Thanks

God did I have trouble getting them in and out:mad: (The fronts). I am a dab hand at it now, the rears are easy as you remove the button via a little sprung clip but the fronts dont as they have a lock barrel in. They only swing ONE way in and out maneuvering the button through the hole first.
I have photos:D
Anyway does anyone have a spare drivers door mechanism as mine was broken on the PO van and at the moment I ve swapped it with the one I am spraying so I need one in a couple of weeks
Thank you

The diagram is in the Haynes manual - can I suggest you obtain one as they are very useful. Or, maybe someone can you a diagram from their manual - I can't get my scanner working at the moment.
Alternatively, take off the other side and take photos and notes as you're dismantling.

May I suggest a slightly different method? Take a mug of tea with you to the car, have a few sips and start mucking about. By the time you have finished your tea you will have figured out you need to feed the lock barrel toward it's hole with the latch facing toward the inside of the car. Once the lock has been wiggled in place the latch is in the correct position as well. To get it right you just need to mess with it for as long as it takes. The tea is there to clear the mind and take a breather. :)

Back