Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Door mirror wanted

kevinandkate

Sadly no longer an owner
Oops, put this in the wrong bit so sorry for the repeat.
Due to the habit of French drivers hogging the centre of the road, I have decided to put a door mirror on the right hand (passenger side) door, at least we will be able to see the ditch we have gone into. Has anyone got a spare one available. Its the black plastic type from tha later models.

I don't have a spare one as I've put the only spare I had on my vehicle, but a thought for you, is that there is reinforcement inside the door, which is just held in by one spot weld, its worth just taking a battery drill and drilling the plate out of the door, it will help stop the mirror vibrating when you install it and its also threaded for the mirror screws.

Thanks Pepper will look out for that, I take it that its easy to find. I was wondering how to plan where to drill the door for the mirror when I get it.

If you get the reinforcement plate it only fits in one place, place it on the outer part of the door, mark the holes for the fixing screws, drill them slightly larger pop the plate inside the door, (making sure you do not drop it, renault 4 doors are very difficult to get dropped parts out of) and attach mirror.

Back