Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

door sealing again

Azazello

habitué
I have some problem with my door seals.
My car is been repainted a few days ago; i bought a set of door seals from a vendor in Italy, who assures it will fit becouse he used the same kit on his 3 r4s. He is a very kind person and i trust hime, but in the body shop (is a translation from wordreference, but I do not like the word and I think is not correct at all, but you will understand me) was not able to fit it. Perhaps the doors remain open a lot, and close only pressing very strong.
Now, t my home, I will try to mount them my own with the help of the vendor (I will send him some photo and he will tell me how to proceed).
But I am ready to buy another kit, if needed.
Have you ever bought from this site?
http://www.comptoir-carrosserie.fr/kits-vehicules-renault-xsl-236_265.html
It seems to be professional...
The complete set should be composed of:
Joint de malle adaptable. 4L10
Joints des quatre portes. 4L15

About 90 euros delivering encluded. Quite a good price.

Andrea scripsit.

Door seals originally fitted were solid and made of porous rubber (so that they can be compressed easily).
There must had been something very special in this rubber compound, because any reproduction solid seal I (and others) have come across will not allow the door to close.
So first of all make sure the seal has a hollow section, you will see and feel the difference instantly!

I will try and give my seal a chance to assest by time... the vendor sent me some photos of his doors and they seem to close, only the one applied a few days ago still remains a bit open... but he insist I have to mount the seal having de door detached from the car... Is it strictly necessary?
I do not know if the seals from comptoir corrosserie are hollow or not, becouse the site as no photos... I will ask...
One more question: the hollow section of the seal will press firmly the door so it will no vibrate while the car is running? I notice the body vibrate and moves a lot, and the door without seal i not firm... The seal should work even on this side...

Andrea scripsit.

Back