Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

early hammock style seats

Ron from sa

Enthusiast
Hello all,
I am new to the forum. I have a couple of 1963 R4's, I think both were locally assembled in the early sixties. One of them has the hammock style seat coverings over the tubular frame bench for the front and the foam fold-up bench for the rear. The other one has the same rear bench but the front has two individual seats, foam base cushions with the hammock back pieces attached separately.
I'm hoping to have at least one of the cars fitted out with front and back tubular hammock style seats. And this brings me to my dilemma - is there anyone out there that makes the seat coverings? I am prepared make up a set myself (I have already unpicked one damaged seat as a pattern) but it might prove more cost effective to buy a set. I am also going to attempt to make up the tubular framework for the back seat, but that will take more planning as I believe they are slightly narrower than the front bench in order to fit between the rear wheel arches.
If anyone on the forum can help me out with clear images of the rear seat frame and coverings.
Many thanks. Ron

Back