Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

End result of 9 moths of work and research and waiting

Who would have thought that you could get 9 moths to do that! Are butterflies as easy to train?

Last edited:
I’m the lucky owner of a brand new 688 engine never been run in a car. Was destined for a lawnmower aimed at the French market - However tha factory closed down and engines were sold off. Now I admit to a small dream that of making a replica South Africa rally edition R4 fitting said engine and driving across the Sahara . Can you imagine the newspapers (if it ever makes them? ) man builds car in his shed and drives across Sarah powered by a lawnmower engine!

Now another turnup - I have met a delightful French Lady friend who loves R4’s - turns out her surname is ‘Letondeur’ - French for Lawnmower!!!! :p:p

Strange vehicle related things make the papers JonathanT, in 1972 my uncle and his friend drove from the UK ,across the Channel, down to southern Spain, across into Morroco, then all the way to the sourthern tip of Africa.
The newspaper headline was the fact they had an 8 track stereo fitted!

Last edited:
Thank you guys everything is new I will post photos soon
Strange vehicle related things make the papers JonathanT, in 1972 my uncle and his friend drove from the UK ,across the Channel, down to southern Spain, across into Morroco, then all the way to the sourthern tip of Africa.
The newspaper headline was the fact they had an 8 track stereo fitted!
Ha yes crazy! Wonder what music they had? Well better not hijack Fernandos post and his beautiful engine

Really do like the way you have fully cleaned and detailed both the inside and outside of engine during rebuild, very nice work.

what have you painted inside of engine sump with o would be concerned the hot engine oil might start to loosen it and then the flakes end up blocking the oil strainer gauze whicheck won't end well ?

Back