Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fantasy R4 time (again)

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Hopefully I'll have the opportunity to look at a '67 R4 next week. Looks straight and original but a little neglected. But it doesn't have a bench front seat (horror). Also it's got the ugly grille and bumpers, and beige dash.

Stuart can supply a bench seat interior, but it's in burgandy (the colour not France).

I'm trying to picture a complete car, and the only body colour I can come up with that won't clash with the seats (and isn't white) is battleship grey like the early 2CVs. That with yellow headlamp bulbs could look cool.

Was grey a Renault 4 colour? Or did they avoid that colour to distinguish from Renault 3s? Anyone got the paint code?

Also anyone have any other ideas for a cool colour?

How about this colour? I mean you're not wanting to be conspicuous are you Malcolm!!!

This is the one I'm taking to Spain; she'll have to be legal though, for obvious reasons!!!

purple_renault_986.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the colours link goof. That's a really useful site that I'd never come across before. With the help of Google Translate here's an English version of the same page.

(Not sure if they do purple Mike :D)

Edit> The German R4 site has a page about drag coefficient. The R4 does really well at 0.39 (compared to the VW Beetle at 0.46). As they point out we can probably thank the smooth underbody.

goof said:
well, then I guess you've never came across......

You've got me there. The first link I can't understand (ich verstehe nicht if you are listening guys)- Framed pages are really hard to translate with the automated Google and Babelfish engines. And it's been a while since I listened to my "learn German" cassette tapes. But there are useful pictures (eventually) if you use the navigation on the left side. For us language illiterate UK users - search for babelfish and copy and paste the words. There is stuff like "Alu-Grill-Rahmen 1967 - 1973" on there (presumably the nice looking aluminium grille).

The second link bounces back to the home page (their bad web design), but there is a select English option and then a Renault 4 option. Brilliant!

Back