Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fergat Wheels

1173gordini

Can you help, I am looking for a set of Fergat Wheels, I am not sure if they were originally fitted to R4 but a popular upgrade. Ideally I am looking for 6 for a rally project so happy to buy odd ones.
Cheers
Pete

They were fitted to Renault 4 GTL models from 1986-1988. My own 1987 R4 was fitted with them, and they can be seen in brochures from that period.

The fergats fitted to R4s and R5 lauréate models are narrower than those fitted to the R5
Alpine and Lauréate turbo, but all these fit R4s unlike the R16/R12 ones

Yup-I've got 4 new&unused ones they are 5,5 wide so won't fit Roffen my F4 (rear ones touches inside on the swing-arms) If there are narrower ones in existance -as pointed out by RichardIRL..I'm all for swapping these for them -R.

Surprised the wider Fergats don't fit an F4, they fit fine on my F6 and I'm sure I've seen pics of an F4 on here fitted with them.

The narrower version shouldn't be that difficult* to find as they were far more common and fitted to all the 5 Le Car 2 / Laureate models bar the Turbo and the later R4s.

Surprised the wider Fergats don't fit an F4, they fit fine on my F6 and I'm sure I've seen pics of an F4 on here fitted with them.

The narrower version shouldn't be that difficult* to find as they were far more common and fitted to all the 5 Le Car 2 / Laureate models bar the Turbo and the later R4s.

Hi there Lobster! -I thought I'd struck GOLD when I found these un-used&all... but they rub againts the swing-arms (on inside) the rims themselves clear Just-about, but with tires on (and we all want them suckers yeah?) they rub-a-dub-dub so you can smell it inside.... 'course I could Fake it with one or two of those G'damn Awful spacers but I won't .. so there I am... In the shit -once again! -R.

Renault widened the rear track on post-65 cars. There's more curve in the arms and they can handle wider tyres. Maybe that's a factor here.

I've got a set of the narrower Fergats on my GTL, and to be fair with tyres they only just clear the rear axle arms. I had to cable tie the handbrake cables out a touch to improve things as well.

It might be that Renault had two different manufacturers make the rear arms over the years and there is slight variation between the two types?

When I had the wider Fergats on my GTL I only ever had issues with rubbing on the back if there was weight in the car or I was cornering with a little too much enthusiasm :cool:

r4today-1.jpg

Oooh Lobster, my fergats are currently all silver but after seeing the pic, dark inserts look so good its actually worth the pain to prep and paint 'em!

I wouldn't, no :)

I think it'll take you a while to find them, especially if you want the wider version. You'll be able to find them in France easier although be prepared to pay - there is a set advertised in 4L Mag for €600 !

Might be worth asking on the R5 Forum as well.

Fergats are my dream wheels. I find two sets for sale after 2 years of watching. First possibillity is to buy original 4,008 x 13 Fergats from R4 which is on local advertising. But guy also wants paid for new tyres which are 80% but 5 years old or more. I was last weekend on a track with my yellow Gtl and I met old guy with Simca 1300 there. He ofered me 1108ccm R5 engine, 5 speed R5 gearbox, 4,508 x 13 Fergats and more parts for a symbolic prices. Will 4,508 x 13 wheels fit with 145 tyres without rubbing on the back, please?

just an oddity:laughing: -I found researching into Fergat rims..Did you know they are in fact the same factory that made Cromodora? -I didn't.. -Reid.

Fergats are my dream wheels. I find two sets for sale after 2 years of watching. First possibillity is to buy original 4,008 x 13 Fergats from R4 which is on local advertising. But guy also wants paid for new tyres which are 80% but 5 years old or more. I was last weekend on a track with my yellow Gtl and I met old guy with Simca 1300 there. He ofered me 1108ccm R5 engine, 5 speed R5 gearbox, 4,508 x 13 Fergats and more parts for a symbolic prices. Will 4,508 x 13 wheels fit with 145 tyres without rubbing on the back, please?
Yes, I mount them on my r4 and no issues at all.
What a bargain!

-I see quite a few of them for sale on LBC and also in 4L-magazine (Fr) going for up to €600 (4) -also remember I have 4 brand new unused one
5,5'' wide that i am looking to SWAP for like set in 4'' or 4,5'' -Reid.

-I see quite a few of them for sale on LBC and also in 4L-magazine (Fr) going for up to €600 (4) -also remember I have 4 brand new unused one
5,5'' wide that i am looking to SWAP for like set in 4'' or 4,5'' -Reid.
You still have the fergat rims...long shot I know

Hi there, I still got them,but as said above I am Only interested in swapping for skinnier ones of same type and condition.
Keep safe/-Reid.

Back