Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fidél to the rescue when the daily Panda was lend out

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
Just a small blip from me during the winter-dreariness.
My trusty (modern R4 I dare say) Fiat Panda was handed over to my girlfriend who has Clio that went on strike (you have to have working wipers in the Danish winters). I then fired up the old R4 - which has stood still for three months - and after 30 seconds it fired up and quickly dispersed the 25-50 oil through the engine. Heat in the cabin was present after 2-3 minutes and my only issue is the inherent fogging up of the windows :D After a few "de-rusting" brake sessions on a b-road, the little car bimbled along happily at 80 km/h all the way to work. Today it even did it again.
I really am impressed with these old things, how they just wake up for action when needed, and just infuse confidence in the driver.
The next two months will be spent on getting my Honda CT Trail-90 in shape for driving (and registration), thus making it the 2-wheeled analogue to trusty Fidél: A pure do-it-all jack of all trades!

I hope you enjoy the winter - hopefully in less wet places than Denmark :) R¤.jpg

Bravo for R4.
They are always by your side. Here to help you when you need them.

Few years back, my brother bought brand new Ford KUGA. And as in my part of Croatia winters are not harsh and rarelly you can see snow only few cars have winter tires. As i am the way i am i have winter tires on my R4. So one morning brand new FORD and ship shape old R4 was covered with snow side by side.
At that moment he was.little bit worried as he had to be somewhere inland where snow was heavier.
My brother asked me if i can borow him R4.
With smile on my face i gave him keys....thinking.....out off all modern wonder in brand new car, small old pure R4 is coming for rescue.
I do not need to tell you that all went well. Except foggy windows and small cloth.

Bravo for R4.
They are always by your side. Here to help you when you need them.

Few years back, my brother bought brand new Ford KUGA. And as in my part of Croatia winters are not harsh and rarelly you can see snow only few cars have winter tires. As i am the way i am i have winter tires on my R4. So one morning brand new FORD and ship shape old R4 was covered with snow side by side.
At that moment he was.little bit worried as he had to be somewhere inland where snow was heavier.
My brother asked me if i can borow him R4.
With smile on my face i gave him keys....thinking.....out off all modern wonder in brand new car, small old pure R4 is coming for rescue.
I do not need to tell you that all went well. Except foggy windows and small cloth.
Haha, the R4 is a lifesaver! And have a nice match tonight! Denmark-Croatia handball is always entertaining!

I did not catch it untill you said.
Great game last night.
Although it might not be enought for Croatia to go to quarter-finale

Congratulation to the VM title, Sweden didn't even get a medal (fourth) and Norway was untactial in their win or lose match.
Nice to have an R4 that rescues, when in need.

Back