Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Finally some cornish sun

beagle

Enthusiastic amateur
Hi I thought some people my be interested in my never ending renault 4 project. I brought a 1992 french Savane R4 off some surfers from eBay last year (late at night after visiting the pub). The car was great value for money and I had several great months of driving before the MOT ran out.
As expected the rear chassis was a bit rusty, I could have got away with a quick patch but have decided to do a full body off repar job to rid future rust worries.

Basically it's just the front corners and the innner rear mountings that need attention. I'm also giving everything a good tune up but stripping the carb and distributer and giving it a full (much overdue) service.

Progress is quite slow manly due to the rain, I'll keep you posted with updates. However I'm hoping to MOT in in a few weeks, then I may be able to join the exclusive white Renault 4 club.

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 129
Exclusive White French Savane R4 Club

You are hereby invested with Life Membership of the Exclusive White French Savane R4 Club. Seeing there's only two of us you can be Vice President! :wink:

• blanche.jpg
    blanche.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 118
The 377 Club

Lord Stanbury wrote -

..."And Bluebell, if you are now going to split our club into the White Save - Anne (again) section and the rest..then I am now taking applications for The President Stanbury Green R4 Club which will allow in all comers and all colours except White!!"

So I've just made everybody Honorary Members of the EWFSR4 Club including those with 'green or is it blue' cars! This is on condition they post something. The forum's been awful quiet lately!

..Do I qualify?

..I am GORDON BROWN without an 'e' - You never know, one day I may become the Prime Minister of the EWFSR4 Club?

Most people know me as Team GB of Olympic fame.

Brown by nature of course, not by choice - I have yet to discover my colour code?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re Exclusive White French Savane R4 Club

That's a very nice Savane, it nearly looks as good as mine (when it left the factory in 1992). I'm honoured to be vice president but I think I should tell you I am missing two sections of side stripes from where the preivious owner painted over them in dulux brilliant white gloss. I hope that doesn't void membership.

Welding is done and axel is almost attatched. It may be standing on it's own 4 wheels by sun set!:shock:

Back