Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fitting a zenith 32 if 7 Carb

Giles Stone

Enthusiast
Hi all - I'm fitting a zenith 32 if 7 carb on my f4 van and I'm not sure how to connect the water hoses to the water pump - I think that the pump that has been fitted has 2 capped outlet/inlet so it shouldn't be to much of a problem.

Does anyone have a picture of this set-up to guide me. Also where can I get the hoses I presume they are R5.

Hi Jurjenz - sorry for not having replied sooner I've been trying to solve other problems on my van. The pics helpful but the engine layout is very different to mine (C1E) what is your engine? It looks like the rear hose comes off the T on the heater hose. The front hose looks as though it's connected near the front of the cylinder head ( my engine doesn't have this). But there is an outlet on the water pump.

Hello Giles, I'm not sure that the molded hoses you mention are that easy to find these days, so I have done my conversion to a bigger carb the same way as jurenz. One tee close to the bulkhead, and the other just ahead of the air-cleaner. You can just see the hose clips to the right of the air-cleaner in the photo. This way you can simply use heater hose.

Regards Brian. 20180801_105743.jpg

Hi Brian thanks for that the picture is very clear - that's what I thought happened. My original thought was that the two caped outlets on the water pump were meant for the carb - any thoughts/info on thatwater pump2.jpg

Hello Giles, yes that is indeed what the two outlets are for, but you would need to get the moulded hoses to fit them. Here are the ones you need, these I think are past their best, and I didn't want to risk using them, but as you can see they are specifically made to fit the engine. I felt happier using new hose material. Regards Brian. DSC_0423.JPG DSC_0422.JPG

Hi Brian - Thanks ever so much for the info - yes I agree about the hoses I've just replaced my main hoses. I'll have a look round in France - I might have some luck looking at hoses for a R5. If not I'll copy You!!!!:waving:

Hi Giles, yes you're in the best part of the world to get them I'm sure, so good luck. Let us know how you get on, but be sure to bleed the cooling system thoroughly when you're done replacing the hoses.
Regards Brian.

Back