Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

fitting front wings

ggcton

Enthusiast
Hi all I am trying to fit a new Hadrian front wing and it is too flat by the apex panel.
Have you any tips on bringing it to shape or is it best to try and find a Renault wing.
Gary

Hello Gary, not sure what you mean by 'too flat' but the normal problem with the Hadrian wings is that they are too tall at the front. I put two on my R4 and had to put spacers under the bonnet hinges so bonnet and wings would line up. For a few extra quid, go for the Renault wings!! that are readily available.
Steve

Thanks Steve the problem is they do not take the shape of the apex panel and therefore the wing sits inside the apex panel. I would need either to be able to reshape the wing or seek a Renault one.
Are they still available fron Renault? Gary
Hope Me G from Surrey is not giving you any more problems

Gary, you may need to reshape the wing - with these pattern wings sometimes lots of 'adjustments' are needed. Wings are still available from Renault and they do fit first time.
Mr G is always giving us problems I'm afraid!!!

Thanks Steve I rang my local renault agent today they say wings are still available from France and have ordered one for me so fingers crossed.
Gary

Shock Renault agent just rang to say new wing has arrived in Just 24 Hours.
Our local Renault garage Pocklingtons of Louth could not be more helpful, they got my wing in 24hours found some rivets for fitting the plastic trim and all with a helpful attitude.
Gary

Back