Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

France here I come... Leboncoin madness

Stuart Delahoy

Enthusiast
Well, I will be the guinea pig for anybody who thinks buying a car , unseen, in France is a good idea.
I found a lovely very early 1962/3 basic saloon with the body that has no rear side windows
on the fantastic Leboncoin.
After several emails and photos an offer was made and to my complete surprise accepted.
A deposit was transfered into a complete strangers account and the journey planned, I mean what could go wrong!
So I catch the late night ferry from Newhaven tomorrow, towing a car trailer behind the family Fiat Multipla...leaving the very understanding and supportive wife at home on her own... on Valentines day.
Wish me luck...

Hi there Stuart, very good luck to you, and well done for bagging such a little beaut. Remember a little risk now and then is good for us, and those experts who know about these things say we should have a little scare every day. Something about it being good for the heart. Any chance of you taking the 3L to Thenay in July? Regards Brian.

Good luck, Stuart!
I took the train to Rouen and drove the newly acquired car back to Germany ... what a great trip! A few weeks of Bavarian air had the '78 GTL rusting badly, and so I was looking for spare parts ...
Don't scare the little Renault with the ugly Multi (we own one too ... I know what I'm talking about ... ;-) but it's OK for towing the trailer.

• IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 291
Good luck Stuart, can't wait to see some photographs of the latest acquisition.

bon voyage

I agree I hope everything went well! I didn't want to mention the problems Mike had with his sale, let's here sone good news please ;)

Back