Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Full length fabric sunroof

BatW

Enthusiast
Is there a retro fit sunroof available.

Its for my low miles '85 GTL.

The cars in fantastic condition (no rust, never been welded etc.) and is a keeper so I don't mind spending money to get the perfect job.

Mark

My ex had a webasto full length electric sunroof fitted to her classic Mini Clubman estate - it looked really good but was pricey!...but excellent quality. Google webasto - i'm sure they can sort you out.

My ex had a webasto full length electric sunroof fitted to her classic Mini Clubman estate - it looked really good but was pricey!...but excellent quality. Google webasto - i'm sure they can sort you out.

Cheers Steve

£750 plus VAT plus fitting :eek:

Could be a long shot but I'm thinking may be source the framework etc from a scrapper and send the whole lot off to a trimmer for refurbishment.

Is the roof panel between sunroof and sans sun roof model the same, big hole in the middle excepted?

Where will you find the scrapper?

I've got a roof here that was removed for the same purpose. Roofs from all years are the same apart from the big hole in the middle for the sunroof (and the heater intake vent that changed in 1981ish if you use the complete panel). Looks like there are a lot of spot welds to drill through.

I'd wondered if it might be easier to cut a hole in the roof and weld in the original sunroof parts.

local to me one of my only remaining longstanding customers has a complete roof section i cut from a 81 R4 i scrapped many moons ago its an aftermarket type maybe webasto
i was never brave enough to cut a hole in his own car to fit it and professionals wanted silly money to do it

he is registered here and indeed posted about it last year
http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=16045&postcount=37 try PM or i could ring him if no response

Back