Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gearbox tol

you can buy a socket especially for this but it can be a bit pricey..be careful if you try using a monkey-wrench as square nut can easily be rounded... -R.

An open-ended spanner worked for me - 10 or 11mm, one was a good tight fit.

Update..

Probably this was never unscrewed, and making too much strength, it Will be more rounded.. So I founded the right tool, 10mm female square..

IMG_20211022_122611.jpg

IMG_20211022_122606.jpg

I tried, but only the drain plug was possible.. The up screw even With an femle square 10mm, was necessary to much strength

if you have access to one if those coiled heat-guns alternatively a hand held hair-drier try heating up the gearbox-casing (around but Not
the the filler-plug itself)
Heat it nice and slowly in a circular movement around the plug so you don't risk cracking the casing....heat till you feel it good and hot -Now
comes the trick: You have already wrapped one or two ice cubes in a small plastic bag or other
-hold the ice cube(s) againg the filler plug head ONLY -to cool that down
The theory is of-course to have the casing expand some thou' of a mm,and the plug to shrink likevice .
-Now quickly with your smaller hammer ,give the filler plug a whack right in the forehead.
Just a precise (not Too hard) whack'll do, to give it a shock..now try to screw it out... -R.

Back