Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

general hello!

leeF6vanman essex

Hi i'm lee live in north essex and was looking for help with my 4 van. i need a dizzy as mines missing the advance spring? Mines a 1984 1.1 engine. Also i've got a set of gordini turbo wheels all refurbed balanced and with tyres on sitting in my workshop for the last six month's! I cannot find any nuts and dont wanna machine mine unless i have to. Any help would be greatly appreciated and it would be nice to get to know any local renault enthuisiasts to drink tea talk cars and swap parts!

Welcome Lee. :hug:

A distributor missing the advance springs is a new fault to the forum (someone pinch them?). Most of us are suffering from the UK spec Femsa distributors with failed vacuum advance. They last for exactly 20 years and then they are gone. Can't get replacements so wouldn't go for one of them. The answer seems to be fit a nice new Ducellier distributor (spares are more possible for that type), but I don't recall anyone mentioning where to get them from other than other rare Renaults that happen to turn up in your local scrappy. Or from Mk2 Renault 5s parked in the street. Or random eBay stuff.

Wheelnuts for the gordini wheels are a pain too. Not sure we've sourced those properly either. Someone on here might have a spare set for you to machine if that would help. Failing that a forum search suggested someone found a source in the USA for 45 degree taper nuts in the right thread. Guessing you've already seen the page with the thread info.

www.prixusine.fr sell new ducellier distributors.
Not sure if they send them to the UK though, although it may be possible to relay one on by post.

Hi Lee.

I too have an F6 on nice shiny 'dini wheels. What do you think?

IMG_5904.jpg

Get a pic of yours up..

I think I was lucky, the wheels I bought on eBay to refirbish turned out to be replicas, and had a 60deg taper angle. I bought some 60 degree M10 x 1 ATV wheel nuts from a place in Kent.

mguez

oooh Steve C that F6 is a beauty! could not help but respond...to what extent have you restored it and have you donr it yourself? It would be nice to see the inside.Your pic is definately going into my gallery of R4s which I have on the wall at work. Mine is pictured below and I'm trying to imagine a set of those wheels on it...also lets have a look at the rear bumper..?

• f6sideandback.jpg
    f6sideandback.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 82
  • f6sidefront.jpg
    f6sidefront.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 81
hi all thanks for the advice etc! I thought that would be the case with the wheel nuts looks like there is nothing for it but to lathe them to shape sigh! my van is nowhere as near mint as either of your vans but holds its own special character as all 4's do! rescued mine from a friends father in law! one day when its how i want i'll post a pic see if ya dig it? anyone local with a dizzy they wanna swap for the price of a pint let me know!

Back