Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Getting ingnition barely out

Ani advice on how to this please
I seem to remember that there is a tiny screw in a hole underneath which has to be screwed in so that the barrel of the lock mechanism can slide out of the metal support. It only becomes obvious when you have done it. Obviously it has to be a bit obscure to put off thieves. It was two years ago that I did mine, and I can't remember exactly what I did, but it took me some time to find it. Edwin

Hi also I remember on my one I had to turn the key ,so that the locating pin can be pushed in ,and then the barrel is free to come out,hope this helps ,mike

If you have the type of Neiman ignition barrel like this, how easy it is to remove will depend on the position of the key slot. If the steering isn't locked (i.e. the key has come out with its slot in line with the 'G' position on the barrel), you'll be able to remove the barrel easily by pushing in the pin.
If the steering is locked, and there's no movement in the pin, your best bet is to follow Mojobaby's suggestion and have a key made. Otherwise, you might have to drill the barrel out.P1060904_LI.jpg

If you do not have key to turn it in barrel to free securing pin on top than you are in trouble.

My barrel fail to work and i could not managed to turn it even with key so i had to "open" housing where barrel is located.
Easy and gently but firm.
I tried to drill barrel but that did not helped also.

Good luck.

Back