Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Glass expansion bottle

dg

Enthusiast
Hi there all

Anybody got a glass expansion bottle knocking about they want to get rid of? Mine has developed a crack and I'd like to keep the car as original as possible if I can, so am trying to avoid fitting a plastic one.

Cheers
David

Wish I did! When I had my first R4 about 15 years ago the local scrapyards were overflowing with rusty R4s with such cool features as glass expansion bottles, metal vent flaps, sticking up rear view mirrors, etc., but I never thought that they would be worth hoarding for the future. Isn't hindsight a great thing!

Its in the post David...
If anybody needs early spares I do have quite a pile in my lock up... Including the remains of a '72 I broke recently and a '76 R6 which suffered a similar end...
Stuart Delahoy 0116 2674160 eves up till 9.00, or 07973 358877 daytime.

Hi Stuart. I have a renault 4 in storage for 4 years now and I am about to make a start on the restoration. However in the meantime I have lost the one and only key. Can you get a key cut for the existing locks as trying to remove the steering lock without a key looks an impossibility.
Ailbe

There is a small pin above the ignition barrel that plunges into the housing when the key is removed. It would be possible to drill it out if you drop the steering column from the car.

I'm not sure about replacement keys. You might be able to order new keys from Renault by quoting the oval plate number. Try phoning up Whitehouse Renault (George Thompson at Whitehouse Renault, Tunbridge Wells, Telephone: 01892 524655)

Back