Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Golden from an oldie...

laxeian

Enthusiast
Hope this makes some of you smile/laugh as much as it did me.....

Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time, "like sitting around the pool and drinking wine isn't a good thing” I thought...Talking about my "doing-something-useful" seems to be her favourite topic of conversation.)

She is "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested, I go down to the Senior Centre and hang out with the fellas.So, I did and when I got home, decided to play a prank on her. I sent her an e-mail saying that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You're 80 years-old and now you're going to start jumping out of air-planes?"

I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy to her.

Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses?! This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, am I in trouble," I said, "I signed up for five jumps a week!" The line went dead.

Life as a Senior Citizen isn't getting any easier, but sometimes it can be fun....

Appologies if I’ve been a bit misleading, was not intentionality done, the title and the 1st sentence are myself, recived an email just after coming off of forum yesterday from my uncle in the UK, who is an octogenarian and has always been a bit of a ‘card’, read what he sent and was in stitches, I just thought it was too funny not to share, so copy/paste post, re-reading it now Im not laughing so much It does read as if its me, but I cant take credit, still not sure he can either due to his somewhat ‘eccentric ‘ sense of humour.
@Tomcat I’m still shy of his age by a quarter of a century, so please dont celebrate too much:drunk:...
Again, sorry if my initial post was misleading but I hope it doesn’t affect the intended humour....
‘Money may make the world go round, but good humour gives it spin...’

Appologies if I’ve been a bit misleading, was not intentionality done, the title and the 1st sentence are myself, recived an email just after coming off of forum yesterday from my uncle in the UK, who is an octogenarian and has always been a bit of a ‘card’, read what he sent and was in stitches, I just thought it was too funny not to share, so copy/paste post, re-reading it now Im not laughing so much It does read as if its me, but I cant take credit, still not sure he can either due to his somewhat ‘eccentric ‘ sense of humour.
@Tomcat I’m still shy of his age by a quarter of a century, so please dont celebrate too much:drunk:...
Again, sorry if my initial post was misleading but I hope it doesn’t affect the intended humour....
‘Money may make the world go round, but good humour gives it spin...’
Luckily did not get the champagne open but at 76 I look for every silver lining:laughing:

Back