Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gordini Wheels

safeulli

Enthusiast
Hi, today my wheels are back from the wheel-shop. i think they did a great job!
here some pictures. just need to find the wheel nuts and the center caps,any advice were to find them.

• wheels 001.jpg
    wheels 001.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 279
  • wheels 002.jpg
    wheels 002.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 261
Not much good only having two of them ;)

You can make the wheel studs yourself or do you mean you have mislaid the wheelnuts and caps yourself?

If so I always find them in the last place I look, which is generally down the back of the sofa.

They look fantastic.

I don't know where to find center caps. It is possible the R4 GTL cap will be the correct size. If you measure the hole someone might be able to advise.

Search the forum for gordini wheel nuts (It is not possible to paste a link for search). There is a place in France that sells them http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2871 and they advertise on eBay in France. The Gordini is called Alpine over there.

I made some replacement centre caps once for my Renault Alpine, by making a mould out of one tatty one which I did have, then filling it with body filler it worked brilliantly and I was able to make three up. The wheels I have on mine at the moment have plain centres so must be off a Gordini as they don't have the Alpine A on them.

eBay Gordini caps

Yes, but those are made out of GRP. The original caps should be cast of an alloy.

But that wouldn't be a problem would it?

They look really good.

No, there is no problem. A normal man sees it from 2 m and there is no to make out, if there is an alloy or GRP. But I´m able to cast a nice copy of alloy incl. the springy sheet metal on the backside for the same money. That´s too expansive of GRP.

Hi,i found this ones today on a junkyard(2 euro for all 12),they came of a R5 with aluminum wheels,they look like the Gordini ones i have just 4.5 .the ones i have are 5.5 inch .but now after i check the photos here they look different,they fitted on the 4.5 inch wheels perfect! is there also a different nut on the 4.5 on the 5.5 aluminum wheels?
thanks
Ulli

• radmuttern.jpg
    radmuttern.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 151
Gruess Dich Ulli,

Du kannst diese Radmuttern so nicht verwenden.
Die Alpine bzw. Gordini Felgen haben an den Bohrungen einen anderen Konus.
Dieser hat 45 Grad, nicht 60, wie bei den im Bild gezeigten Muttern.
Diese passen z.B. bei den original Felgen. Egal ob 4 oder 4,5 Zoll breite.

Im Link beschreibt Malcolm, wie man den Muttern einen 45er Konus verpasst.
Allerdings benoetigt man dafür eine Drehbank oder einen Shop mit entsprechendem Werkzeug.

Also entweder in den sauren Apfel beissen und die teuren Muttern aus Frankreich kaufen, einen Satz umarbeiten lassen oder weiter suchen...

Viel Erfolg!

David

Back