Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Grill removal

ggcton

Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me how to remove the black plastic air intake grill just below the windscreen on a GTL.
I want to remove for painting the body.
gary

can someone tell me how to put it back on afterwards cos ive been trying for ages......

First remove the 4 screws.

The grill will still be held in place by a plastic tab running all the way along the top, and a similar tab at the bottom.

Try pushing the grill upwards from the bottom to remove the bottom tabs. If that doesn't work locally push the grill to remove the centre tab, then use a bit of wood to press upwards at the awkward tabs at the edges of the opening.

Once the tab is removed on one edge the other will be easier. Cleaning the gap behind the top might allow more movement.

Refitting is the reverse of dismantling. :hug:

• end-fixings.jpg
    end-fixings.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 143
  • bottom-tabs.jpg
    bottom-tabs.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 146
  • top-tab.jpg
    top-tab.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 147
Thanks

Thank you Malcolm now off and cleaned.My problem is everything off for a repaint. The car has been painted before and half my time is going to removing overspray where nothing was removed and masking was poor.
I also will have the lovley job or removing the repaint and pehaps the original finish. I wonder what that will reveal.
Pepper has sugested I come to your Barbecue to pick up some parts I hope that is OK with you.
Gary

It will be great to see you at the BBQ. I'll send a private message with the address.

Back