Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gtl headrests

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
My r4 savane has had a seat swap since it was imported by a previous owner the stock savane seats switched out for black vinvl gtl seat's, however the headrests are missing and it looks a little naked in my view, anyone got any black gtl headrests?? Or are they super rare?

Try de Fransoze Richard. My car came with a new set from them, which are grey, but they may do black.

I might get hands to par of headrests.

This model!
IMG_20150605_175052.jpg

But i am pretty sure that there are at least two models regarding spacing between legs.

Will measure later today so you can check will it fit!

Here are some measurements for headrest that i can (probably) find/get

leg spacing 24 cm
IMG_20170728_205504.jpg

IMG_20170728_205510.jpg

leg diameter fi 12mm
IMG_20170728_205605.jpg

If you want this kind headrest and you can fit them to your seats let me know so i can look arround.

Hi Petak - yes these measurements match what I have, the head rests in your photos what make of car as these from - are they Renault ?

yes!
They are renault 100%.
Slovenian R4GTL came out from factory with that kind of headrest.

First picture is from my car while it was assembled. others are measurements of my headrest taken of the car just to measure leg spacing and leg diameter.

I do not have spear to sell but probaby can easily get my hands to one pair. Must check scrapyard around me.
If you would like to have this kind than i must go to scrapyard to look for them.
It would not be much trouble for me.
Price would be what i pay for them plus postage to UK from Croatia.

petak very kindly supplied me with one of these Slovenian headrests as our Slovenian-built GTL was missing one.

Thanks again, petak :hug:

I can just guess but i believe it wont be more than about 20GBP for headrests (pair) and 10ish for postage

Great I'll go for it and hopefully you can locate some... In black if possible

Cheers Richard

Alright then....In next few days i will go at some scrapyards around me to see if there is any.....please be patient....will get back to you if/when i find something.

Believe that they were coming only in black...
Headrest are made of somekind of spongy rubber

Hi Richard1974!

I have managed to find one pair of headrest. Must say it was not easy.
One scrapyard trow away all R4
Second one have whole seats and does not want to sell only headrest.
On third one i managed to collect two decent one from 4 cars!

Will post you pictures and then you can decide do you want them or not.

Front side
P8050022.jpg

Rear side
P8050023.jpg

Right one on pictures is smoother when you touch it
P8050024.jpg
P8050025.jpg

Left one has more rougher texture
P8050026.jpg

And some damage on side
P8050027.jpg

I have washed them as they were covered with dirt and spiderweb and threated them with sonax black for rubber and plastic
P8050028.jpg

They weight 2,691 kg
P8050001.jpg
P8050002.jpg

Paid for them 150kn, and shipping to Uk up till 5 kg is 110kn.

That would be 260kn total and with todays exchange rate 1GBP=8,195KN it brig us 31,726GBP

If you want them then we can arrange payment with paypal and i can send them to your address sometimes next week.

Thanks Petek - it's great we have such a good community on here :-) thank you for your hard work :-)

Back