Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Harbourseal's visit.

Cornish4

Le Dazzleur
My good friend Harbourseal is taking his newly finished F6 camper on a shakedown trip to the west of England in June. He arrives in the UK on 12th June, and is heading to Cornwall. He's over for a week and I just wondered if any R4 owners down this way, Devon and Cornwall, fancied getting together for a meeting to welcome our Dutch friend. It's just a thought, and maybe the start of something bigger. Who knows. You can contact me by text or WhatsApp on 07855996827.
Looking forward to hearing from any likeminded souls out there. Regards Brian.

Last edited:
F6 camper?
Are there pictures anywhere that you know of?
I'd love to see what he's done....

Hello blakeyboy. Check out Vagabund in Projects section posted by Harbourseal. All the info about the build is there.

Last edited:
My good friend Harbourseal is taking his newly finished F6 camper on a shakedown trip to the west of England in June. He arrives in the UK on 12th June, and is heading to Cornwall. He's over for a week and I just wondered if any R4 owners down this way, Devon and Cornwall, fancied getting together for a meeting to welcome our Dutch friend. It's just a thought, and maybe the start of something bigger. Who knows. You can contact me by text or WhatsApp on 07855996827.
Looking forward to hearing from any likeminded souls out there. Regards Brian.
Hey yeah be up for a little meet up for sure - i'll drop you a text

Had a fantastic afternoon catch up with these two beauties Harbourseal & Cornish4
We drank tea, admired the great little camping set up in the back of the hightop R4, and chatted all things R4.
Then we got our hands dirty in the garage as they kindly checked the timing on my little red flying tomato, which was rather out.
Finished off the day with a little run out to the headland for a test run and some pics.
Safe travels home Harbourseal :waving:
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
1687115223539.jpeg
1687115265086.jpeg
1687115281247.jpeg

It was great to meet up with you and Sash Jim, and spend some time with you both. Glad we were able to improve your cars running. Earlier in the week folks we had driven up to Devon to visit Derek Flavell of Renospeed and his partner Nijole for a fish n chip lunch, and we were joined by a good friend Simon from Somerset, unfortunately not in his R4 F6, but he had made the effort to be there, which was nice as we had a visiter eager to meet some British enthusiasts. A few more to swell the numbers would have been nice, but there you go......
Harbourseal is now safely back home, with I hope happy memories of his visit to the West Country, and tales of pasties and cream.

Sounds good, Brian. I'm sorry to have missed it. Things have been a bit busy recently, but the R4 is MoTed and taxed for another summer :)

All the best.

Yes it was fun Jonothan, but probably too short a notice for most folk, even ones within a few hours driving I suppose. Bit of a hike for you from your place, so I completely understand, especially if you've got stuff on.
Glad to hear you've got your 4 all ready for some summer motoring, any road-trips planned I wonder.

HI guys and dolls -SO good to see Good people get together like this! -as mentioned b4 if Any of you take a wrong turn and end up in Norwayland
-DO send a word and DO pop in at our new abode. While we can't promise all a Royal-suite we will Heartly welcome you for a cupper or a brewskie
we do however have secure parking and a green turf to pop yout tent .a bonfire and hopefully a good laugh included in the package.
-we really do miss a get-together with friends in the community. We'll be off for France in a while ,but we'd love to hear from you all!

PS: the norwegian Krona has dropped considerably :doh: against any valid currency so Norway is all-cheapo these days... Hope All of you are having a real
good time wherever you are and that you're all enjoying yourselves.. ALL the best//-Reid.

Oh and yes..in case you worry: we'we had 30C. (+that is!) for the past few days ,so you can drop your long-johns...

Mmm, very tempting Reid, thank you, but not this year as Italy is calling again. Yes it's nice to get together with the R4 fraternity and have some good times.
Regards Bry.

Finally,
Here is my answer. Yes, I had a super good time in the West Country.
I got to see Cornwall from above the water this time. 21 years ago I visited Falmouth ad the Lizard for a diving holiday.
And gotten to know the Brits as a very hospitable lot.
Thank you for your hospitality.
Regards, Robert

It was lovely to have your company Robert, and my pleasure to show you around this beautiful part of the UK. I look forward to the next time we meet up, in Italy maybe. In the meantime enjoy your super camper.

Kind regards Bry.

Back