Been busy today assesing what needs to be done at the donor body.
Some superficial rust and other blemishes.
And about 5 spots that need some serious work involving angle grinder and welding
This is where the backdoor sits. Here is supposed to be the mechanical doorstopper. One of the weak points of the F6
Same spot all sheared through.
A serious hole in the floor just above where the bump stops sit this is the left side.
And the same goes for the right side.
I brought some tires to rest the body on on its side when I'm working on the floor outside the loading space.
And lets not forget the window frame has some rust worm eating its way through the thin metal.
Very well known shed to me Robert, and a warm welcome in our beautiful village.
Still hadn't time to visit the shed, still very busy with the house, but if you have some spare time be my guest on my project
I'll see you soon, best regards Joop
The vagabond is taking shape a bit.
We have taken all the remaining steel parts from the original car of the fiberglass roof. The Germans that build this thing didn't use crappy glue.
It took a full day with an angle grinder and a sharp knife to cut all the steel parts from the fiberglass roof. First cutting away the roof gutter and then in between the roofline and the body part that needed to come of.
But we did it.
And we gave my trusted green F6 a nice blue top hat.